Windows 8 Markeshare

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Looking at NetMarkeshare (markeshare.hitslink.com) I've derived that Windows 8 holds a 1.09% market share of the desktop operating system after 6 weeks? That's pretty amazing when you consider that Mac is at 7.04% (after how many years??) and Linux is at 1.25%. Pretty good start I'd say!

I'm not a math expert, so I'll just explain that I'm basing the Windows 8 market share on it being 1.19% of the Windows market share which is 91.46% of the desktop O/S market share. 1.19% of 91.46% is 1.09%. Accurate??

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Well... I am one who believes that Microsoft needs to release an update as soon a possible to add some "wow" and power user functionalities and more reasons for people who use Windows 7 to switch to Windows 8... Because Windows 7 is a solid OS... And of course Microsoft needs to get people that uses XP to switch to Windows 8 by adding some must have features...

At the moment people that use XP or Win 7 don't see much need to upgrade it's just not that awesome for them...

But no.. it's around 1.40% which is very low for a Windows version after a month...

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Um, no. That's a catastrophically low number for a Microsoft release in that time period. Especially given the fact the Microsoft is reporting licenses sold, and all the analytics are showing that only a tiny fraction of those licenses are actually being used. My dad just bought a new laptop, and went out of his way to buy refurb to avoid W8. People just aren't interested in Windows 8.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've derived that Windows 8 holds a 1.09% market share of the desktop operating system after 6 weeks? That's pretty amazing ... Pretty good start I'd say! ...

At that rate it'll hit 9.5% by this time next year, and won't hit 50% for another 5 years... Still sound "amazing" or even "pretty good"? There's a reason Ballmer fired Sinofsky.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
At that rate it'll hit 9.5% by this time next year, and won't hit 50% for another 5 years... Still sound "amazing" or even "pretty good"? There's a reason Ballmer fired Sinofsky.
he didn't get fired because of windows 8 allthingsd stated there are major problems with his personalty and the way he works with other ms executives

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
he didn't get fired because of windows 8 allthingsd stated there are major problems with his personalty and the way he works with other ms executives

So you're saying that after all these years, Ballmer just now noticed Sinofsky's personality problem? Is that really more likely than Sinofsky screwed up Windows 8?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism