Keyboard and Mouse Won't Respond in Windows 8

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
About every 5-6 reboots, my main PC with Windows 8 Pro will have an unresponsive keyboard and mouse. The lights would be on both the keyboard and
mouse but they do not work. They do work in the BIOS Screen.

What I did in the past would be to remote desktop in and I'd see that one or two of the USB devices in device manager would have a yellow exclamation point. I would disable
reenable them and it would work again. It would once again do it again in 5-6 reboots.

Well, I rebuilt my PC recently and I didn't turn on remote desktop and this problem has returned and I cannot get into my PC at all. I tried different USB ports and the problem seems to be limited to keyboard and mouse

And even searching for instructions, I cannot get Windows 8 info safe mode. I didn't enable safe mode I've seen articles say to do. I even tried a USB to PS/2 converter...I get lights on keyboard still but no input...If I can find one today at work, I may try a pure PS/2 keyboard if I don't end up with another solution...

And of note, I did look for updated drivers for my ASUS MB and didn't find any...I can get to shares if I need to backup my data and rebuild but I for sure don't want to rebuild if I don't have to. And even if I do, I may go back to Windows 7 for now to avoid this problem. It is all in Windows 8 in the devices.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I tried a PS/2 Keyboard and a PS/2 Ball mouse last night and still nothing. Windows 8 boots to lock screen and will not accept keyboard our mouse. I can get to my library of files to back them up but I really don't want to rebuild my PC.

Pressing F8 or SHIFT F8 does not bring up safe mode...dead in the water here...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs