Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Argh!!! Outlook.com is not responding to any of my clicks to things like folders and settings! I tried Outlook on IE10, IE10 with IE9 rendering, and Firefox on my Windows 8 computer. It also doesn't work with my Windows Phone (Desktop mode)!!! It just keeps showing that progress symbol at the top infinitely :(

Anyone know why? And btw outlook works fine on my Windows 7 PCs... :(

Global Posts
    32,246 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I'm not having any issues on my PC running Firefox 17 in Windows 8 Pro x64. Have you tried clearing your browser cookies and cache? Have you tried rebooting your PC?
    Thanked by:
    Developer

Outlook is now HTML5 dependent. This is odd, as I even managed to use Outlook on a Windows XP computer that is 5 years old and with Firefox.

As per lak611, try resetting the browser in some way. See if there are any updates.
    Thanked by:

I have just 'refreshed' my Windows 8 PC, and I installed a clean copy of Firefox. Still does not work...

Outlook does work well on all of my Windows 7 PCs, but not my Windows 8 one. It used to work, but now it doesn't. I even finished a full scan for viruses from Windows Defender!!

Edit: Never mind, it works again! This time I cleared my cookies. I always thought the cache was the problem... Well anyways thanks!

Global Posts
    32,246 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkim789 View Post
    I have just 'refreshed' my Windows 8 PC, and I installed a clean copy of Firefox. Still does not work...

Outlook does work well on all of my Windows 7 PCs, but not my Windows 8 one. It used to work, but now it doesn't. I even finished a full scan for viruses from Windows Defender!!

Edit: Never mind, it works again! This time I cleared my cookies. I always thought the cache was the problem... Well anyways thanks!
    Trying flushing your DNS cache. How to Flush Dns Cache In Windows - Is It Down Right Now

Windows key + x will open power user options. Then select Command Prompt (Admin).

I actually know why this happened now. I did a bit of research on the Outlook forums and saw that there is the same problem with others. The bug is caused when your inbox is empty. I emailed myself from another account, and Outlook is working again! It doesn't have anything to do with cookies or cache :P

I confirm that sending an email now Outlook.com seems responsive. Thank you for the hint. Hope Microsoft knows about it thought.