- 12-15-2012, 11:57 PM #1
Argh!!! Outlook.com is not responding to any of my clicks to things like folders and settings! I tried Outlook on IE10, IE10 with IE9 rendering, and Firefox on my Windows 8 computer. It also doesn't work with my Windows Phone (Desktop mode)!!! It just keeps showing that progress symbol at the top infinitely :(
Anyone know why? And btw outlook works fine on my Windows 7 PCs... :(
12-16-2012, 10:19 AM #3
- 35 Posts
Outlook is now HTML5 dependent. This is odd, as I even managed to use Outlook on a Windows XP computer that is 5 years old and with Firefox.
As per lak611, try resetting the browser in some way. See if there are any updates.
- 12-16-2012, 02:53 PM #4
I have just 'refreshed' my Windows 8 PC, and I installed a clean copy of Firefox. Still does not work...
Outlook does work well on all of my Windows 7 PCs, but not my Windows 8 one. It used to work, but now it doesn't. I even finished a full scan for viruses from Windows Defender!!
Edit: Never mind, it works again! This time I cleared my cookies. I always thought the cache was the problem... Well anyways thanks!
- 12-16-2012, 02:59 PM #5
How to Flush Dns Cache In Windows - Is It Down Right Now
Windows key + x will open power user options. Then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- 12-16-2012, 04:35 PM #6
I actually know why this happened now. I did a bit of research on the Outlook forums and saw that there is the same problem with others. The bug is caused when your inbox is empty. I emailed myself from another account, and Outlook is working again! It doesn't have anything to do with cookies or cache :P
- By Squatting Hen in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 32Last Post: 03-28-2014, 06:45 AM
- By Davidkoh in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 18Last Post: 12-01-2012, 05:34 PM
- By socialcarpet in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 08-02-2012, 05:40 PM
- By kittshelby in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 14Last Post: 08-02-2012, 10:56 AM
- By sinister1 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 12Last Post: 06-26-2012, 06:45 PM