02-27-2013 11:44 AM
- Hello WP-Central guys, Firstly saying Hi as I am a tourist from Android Central - not sure if Android is liked much this side of the woods, but hey least its not Apple so much? Eh too far? thought so, lets not have a cyber Cronulla riots war - if you don't understand the reference use Google. Now on on PC (Toshiba Satellite t130 - not the best but it words) I love Windows, I am running windows 7. I wouldn't go to Apple or Mac in the near future - serious Anti-Apple, I don't mind their PC's if it runs windows. I had a little scare with my laptop dying the other day, thank god this little trooper didn't give up on me. Touch Wood. It got me wondering if it did, where would I go next... I thought of trying an android laptop but lets face it, its in its baby stage the Asus's yeah pretty cool but the OS is a POS to use for a pc. Lack of compatibility with windows programs, it would be too much of a hassle. Ok I have rambled, but here is the real questions...
How do you guys view windows 8? personally against popular opinion I enjoyed vista & windows 7. The tabs to me look a little silly, awesome on a phone but not sure how it will go on a tablet/pc?
How are all your experiences with it? is it much of a step or not really?
Would you go W8, W7 or Vista?
You don't have to answer all the questions just wondering how it is and you get better voices from forums (the public) the reviews by the specialists.
Thank-You for your time.12-24-2012 05:19 AM
- Personally, I love Windows 8 and I just bought my second license yesterday to use on my Acer Iconia W500.
I use it on a desktop with a mouse and a keyboard and if you use the modern start menu in Windows 7, you will have Little to no problems getting used to it. If you are using the Classic start-menu, I've noticed people on other forums are having problems getting used to controlling your computer more with the keyboard.
The Live Tiles give me live information from the apps and sources I find interesting, and they're also easy to find shortcuts straight into my programs.
I would go for W8 time and time again if I was up to chose. :)
You could download a trial and check it out for yourself though. ;)12-24-2012 08:46 AM
- Hi and welcome to WPCentral.
I was running Windows 7 and decided to upgrade to Windows 8. It runs great on a 4-year-old laptop (better than Windows 7 or Vista did). I haven't had any issues using Windows 8 on a device that does not have a touchscreen.
However, I do plan to get a new ultrabook with a touchscreen and Windows 8 some time next year.12-24-2012 09:04 AM
- I personally like the Metro UI on a smartphone but LOVE it on a larger size, touchscreen device like a tablet, touchscreen laptop, or convertible tablet/laptop. Honestly, I think Windows 8, or more accurately the tile interface, will be a major success on tablets/laptops, but it will be one of those things that slowly builds its success. That success will help Windows Phone gain popularity IMO.
BTW, I'm not a big fan of Android based on my own user experience (and I also like Apple's smartphones - not a fan of their tablets though), but I won't hold it against you.12-24-2012 09:15 AM
- Hi Fairclough and welcome...
I am XENOPHOS. I have a very old PC, non-touch monitor, but yes 64bit. And the Win8 OS flies...
If it is soooo good on a non-touch, 5 year old PC...u can imagine what it would b like on high end specs.. :)
Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.12-24-2012 10:15 AMLike 1
- Wow, I am starting to considering converting my laptop to windows 8! I looked at a few reviews it does look very like the other versons once your out of the tiles. Which I prefer always grew up on windows, The tiles are very interesting looking i know on a phone they looked amazing i was curious on a pc as i saw a review hating silly tiles but they did make some stupid comments like we cant find it here and we all knew it was because the tiles were apps etc. Well thank-you guys for you amazing help. I hope you guys have a merry christmas and a happy new year!12-24-2012 06:00 PM
- Wow, I am starting to considering converting my laptop to windows 8! I looked at a few reviews it does look very like the other versons once your out of the tiles. Which I prefer always grew up on windows, The tiles are very interesting looking i know on a phone they looked amazing i was curious on a pc as i saw a review hating silly tiles but they did make some stupid comments like we cant find it here and we all knew it was because the tiles were apps etc. Well thank-you guys for you amazing help. I hope you guys have a merry christmas and a happy new year!
Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.12-25-2012 04:36 AM
- http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/wi...-after-upgrade02-21-2013 11:39 PMLike 1
- What's probably taking up room is windows.old. You will be able to delete windows.old once you've determined that you have no intention of using your older version of Windows again. http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/wi...-after-upgrade
How big is your previous OS?02-27-2013 11:37 AM
I originally installed Win8 back in November, and I never had any issues from the lack of windows.old.
Yes, I did need to reinstall Office and other software, since I had formatted my HDD prior to the installation.02-27-2013 11:44 AM
- By bartsimpson in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 3Last Post: 11-21-2010, 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD