Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ttsoldier

I accidently uninstalled Store for Windows 8 without knowing what it is, and now I can't update any of my apps!

How can I reinstall this?

(No, I didn't unpin it)

Global Posts
    1,393 Global Posts
    Want to confirm, Windows 8, not Windows Phone 8. What type of hardware are we looking at? I don't know that it matters, I'm just curious what we're dealing with.

PM me for more details

It is not a Windows phone, but an acer touch screen laptop.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    How did you uninstalled the Store app? I just can't figure out how. When I select the app from the Start screen an uninstall option is not shown.

You can't... go on the start screen and type "store", it should be there because you are not supposed to be able to delete it... so it can hardly be an accident..
    Yup... It's still there - you can't uninstall it. You just unpinned it. Go to start screen, type store, tap/hold, and pin to start screen.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Go to C:\Windows\WinStore

In my computer I have 16 items: 5 Folders and 11 files. I believe you need the WinStore.htm WinStoreUi.dll and WindStoreUi.WinMD

I don't know how to recover it.

Check your Recycle Bin

If you are using Start8 try to drag the HTML file into your "fake" menu

How did you manage to do it? I would very much like to delete "app store" as it is waste of space. For example, today I wanted to open an epub file on my laptop, and it offered me to "search the app store". Ok, I let it do it, and the result was "we can't find any apps". Bull****! How can I take seriously an "app store" that can't find me an epub reader??? This is completely ridiculous.

Global Posts
    2,395 Global Posts
    How did you do that?

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devynnishelle View Post
    I accidently uninstalled Store for Windows 8 without knowing what it is, and now I can't update any of my apps!

How can I reinstall this?

(No, I didn't unpin it)
    Sounds like you manually uninstalled the folder, if so you have to refresh the PC.

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lebatsnok View Post
    How did you manage to do it? I would very much like to delete "app store" as it is waste of space. For example, today I wanted to open an epub file on my laptop, and it offered me to "search the app store". Ok, I let it do it, and the result was "we can't find any apps". Bull****! How can I take seriously an "app store" that can't find me an epub reader??? This is completely ridiculous.
    I'm sorry. What?

screenshot-1-.png
    DBDev likes this.
    That's funny I found this thread because I am going equally nuts trying to figure out how to delete the Windows store for my computer. Please if you know do tell how you got rid of it?
    Found this for all those wanting to get rid of the store. You can not delete it but you can disable it :-)

How to Disable the Windows Store in Windows 8

you can delete it after you take ownership of the file and its subs. right click on the shortcut to find out where it lives. go there and right click on the executive file. pick properties then security. click advanced and take ownership of the file and all of the contents of the folders. then delete it. you should study how to use these things before doing it. its not a recipe, its knowing about your operating system. don't be shy about button pushing, but be prudent.