Share paid apps on Windows 8 between accounts

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Some have mentioned this for Windows RT, but I'll point out that sharing paid apps works on full Windows 8 as well.

I have shared purchased apps between my wife's profile/account and my own profile/account. Simply go to Store/settings/account and sign in with the other Microsoft account. Then look up "my apps" and re-install whatever paid apps you want. When you are done, simply go Store/settings/account and click "sign in with a different account" and it will automatically sign you back into your own regular Microsoft account.

Pretty sweet that they allow multiple Microsoft accounts to sign into the store on a single Windows profile.

Eric321

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Can similar method be used to share free apps downloaded from MS Store?
This would allow not to use up double space when two users of the RT tablet would like to have access to the same application.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Can similar method be used to share free apps downloaded from MS Store?
This would allow not to use up double space when two users of the RT tablet would like to have access to the same application.

WIndows already does this. If you download an app all users share the same code. It is not actually downloaded for each user.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss