How do I upgrade from WIndows 8 to Windows 8 Pro ?

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a question.

If I buy a Windows 8 computer, but need Windows 8 Pro... How do I upgrade?

Anyone have any idea? Cause the cheap upgrades are for Windows 7 and older.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
To go from vanilla win 8 to pro you have to buy the pro pack upgrade for like $70. You can get in stores or by choosing to add features to windows and getting online.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Going through this myself now. Officially you have to buy the "Pro Pack" from Microsoft which is ?50 (yup, I'm still British!). Luckily I had a ?50 voucher from when they messed up my Surface order so I just used that, however if you don't want to pay that amount I would suggest the following:

• Find a Windows 7 machine (any kind will do)
  • Go through the upgrade process which allows you to buy the pro upgrade for ?24 (or ?14 if you have a Windows 7 key you can use to get the discount)
  • Don't upgrade that machine, instead choose to download the iso image
  • Using the Windows 7 USB iso tool, create a bootable USB drive
  • Now install Windows 8 pro using that USB drive on your laptop. The license key will work but it will need to be a clean install

Unfortunately it's not the simplest of processes but it is the cheapest. Alternatively if you want the quick easy route you can just search "upgrade windows" in your Windows 8 start screen and follow the on screen instructions to download/install the pro pack. It will just cost you that full ?50.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise