Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought the item listed in the title (newest version) to play when my new vizio ca27t-a5 comes, but I'm wondering if it is compatible. The compatibility center isn't much help. So does anyone have a windows 8 PC (with w8 drivers) and can use the controller? Please let me know! The exact model I have is this:

ImageUploadedByWPCentral Fo1359471428.601515.jpg

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well i have mine working on my surface and on my Lenovo all in one and didnt have any issues. Youll love the 27" touchscreen by the way. :angel:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the Lenovo A720. Its plug and play. It recognised a usb wireless device, downloaded the drivers and popped up with device ready to use. Hopefully its the same with your vizio
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Lenovo A720. Its plug and play. It recognised a usb wireless device, downloaded the drivers and popped up with device ready to use. Hopefully its the same with your vizio
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

How do you download drivers?

This is much more confusing than my Mac.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Pc does it for you all you do is plug the receiver in the usb port. Let it do its thing then your good to go
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to chime in that it works perfectly for me as well in my Windows 8 PC. I just plug the adapter in, it found the drivers and installed immediately, and in under a minute I was using the controller without a problem.

In case you didn't know, that controller that they included there isn't anything special - the adapter is. You can use that adapter to connect ANY wireless xbox 360 controller... you just pair the adapter with each new controller and you're good to go. The adapter can support up to 4 controllers so if you have a game that supports multiple inputs/controllers then you can play with your friends on the same PC :)

It'll work for every game that supports a controller. I used it on an SNES emulator :p I also play Skyrim PC through Steam with it.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to chime in that it works perfectly for me as well in my Windows 8 PC. I just plug the adapter in, it found the drivers and installed immediately, and in under a minute I was using the controller without a problem.

In case you didn't know, that controller that they included there isn't anything special - the adapter is. You can use that adapter to connect ANY wireless xbox 360 controller... you just pair the adapter with each new controller and you're good to go. The adapter can support up to 4 controllers so if you have a game that supports multiple inputs/controllers then you can play with your friends on the same PC :)

It'll work for every game that supports a controller. I used it on an SNES emulator :p I also play Skyrim PC through Steam with it.

And how do you set up the controls, like in cod, I want the same controls on my Xbox on my w8 PC.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
And how do you set up the controls, like in cod, I want the same controls on my Xbox on my w8 PC.
Some games it just automatically sets it up. Skyrim on PC with my Xbox controller has the exact same controls as Skyrim on the xbox - no modification necessary. You can, of course just like on the xbox, completely customize it.

If the game supports controllers, chances are the game also supports customizing what the buttons do. You'll have to poke around the in-game settings, like you would to modify controls on the xbox in-game. PC games have been supporting a wide variety of joysticks and controllers for years now and the majority seem to let you choose the layout of buttons you want. The xbox controller is "just another controller" that you can customize.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Some games it just automatically sets it up. Skyrim on PC with my Xbox controller has the exact same controls as Skyrim on the xbox - no modification necessary. You can, of course just like on the xbox, completely customize it.

If the game supports controllers, chances are the game also supports customizing what the buttons do. You'll have to poke around the in-game settings, like you would to modify controls on the xbox in-game. PC games have been supporting a wide variety of joysticks and controllers for years now and the majority seem to let you choose the layout of buttons you want. The xbox controller is "just another controller" that you can customize.

What w8 PC do you have?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's the Mystictrust brand of PC's, extremely rare because there's only one in existence (built it myself in 2008)

I simply downloaded W8 and installed :) I'm surprised, too, because after installing an SSD it boots within 10-20 seconds... and that's with 2008 hardware :) I was under the impression that the faster boot speed of W8 couldn't be realized on older hardware (I have a Core2Quad processor... can't afford to upgrade to the Core i3,5,7's)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This device works great. It should run in WIndows 8 with out a problem, x32 and x64 drivers for Win7 are available but, they should work in Win8 fine (Win 8 driver subsystem is almost like win7's).

For about $20 anyone wiht a xbox can use one of their controllers from the 360 on a PC, I use my 2nd one on my PC but, when I have friends come over, I sync it to my xbox...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills