Official Twitter App Finally Released for Windows 8

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
I think it just got released today. Search for it in the Windows App store or click the link below.

Twitter app for Windows in the Windows Store

The app is great! It uses the same design as the new version of WP8 which is good. However, I'm a little disappointed that I can't connect this to my Messaging app like I did my Facebook account. I don't think that's Twitter's fault, but Microsoft needs to allow more apps access to it. It's not much of a Messaging app if you can't connect to many messaging and social services.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to use it instead to Tweetro+. Tweetro+ is better.

The Windows Phone official Twitter is much better than the Windows 8 official Twitter.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to use it instead to Tweetro+. Tweetro+ is better.

The Windows Phone official Twitter is much better than the Windows 8 official Twitter.

I agree! Everything that has been done on Windows Phone has outdone Windows 8 by a large margin! Mail on phone is much faster, People hub is much more usable on phone, Xbox music is MUCH more usable on the phone. This goes for apps as well like Amazon, Newegg, Twitter, Facebook (8 doesn't even have it), and a few others. I am beyond boggled by this.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I just put it in snapped view on the side and it is beautiful! I actually just fell in love with it lol. Full screen its kinda ehh though

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I just put it in snapped view on the side and it is beautiful! I actually just fell in love with it lol. Full screen its kinda ehh though

snapped does look amazing. full screen does seem like there is a lot of wasted space. but at least its free. If we could get Facebook, and Youtube, that'll be awesome. However I am using MINE and PRIMETUBE.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Would be nice if I could use it without it actually crashing...

Installed it and as soon as I launched it, it would crash. Uninstalled and reinstalled and I was able to enter my credentials. When I hit authorize app. Crashes again. >.<

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Would be nice if I could use it without it actually crashing...

Installed it and as soon as I launched it, it would crash. Uninstalled and reinstalled and I was able to enter my credentials. When I hit authorize app. Crashes again. >.<

I know this sounds stupid, but try this. Uninstall it. Restart twice. Then install it. Should work fine.

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Issues:
1. Auto correct is currently not working when composing a tweet.
2. There is no automatica refreshing like Metrotwit/tweetro. Meaning you have to pull to refresh even in snapped view (which the tweet streaming is my favorite feature of Tweetro)
3. Looks like their timezone is locked to +GMT with Direct Messages.

Otherwise its a real solid app....its probably the smoothest of the twitter apps right now and its built in browser is well done. Its not going to takeover Tweetro for me quite yet until the above is corrected, and even then I really really like inline images which for some reason twitter does not believe in.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
Is anyone having problems with notifications? They came unchecked by default and whenever I want to set them on, I get this nasty "Token can't be blank" error message. WTH!

SimplyMorbo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with the notifications. Whenever I switch them on in the options and klick the 'back' arrow I get this "Token can't be blank" message and the notifications are switched off again. Haven't found anything on the web regarding this problem, though. Either no one else is affected or no one has tried to activate notifications (those options ARE rather hidden in Windows 8/RT apps).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oscahill