Outlook.com preferred email notifictions

MattMamba2012

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have two Microsoft accounts. One is an old Hotmail one and I have access to the Microsoft account but I don't have access to the email I used to create it so I can't receive any notifications but I bought all of my things using this account. I have a new Microsoft email account using outlook and I would like to use that one to get my notifications but outlook.com doesn't let me use this as my preferred email to receive notifications. Does anyone know how to fix this so that I can receive notifications on the @outlook.com email address?

Thanks for the help.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
What notifications are you talking about? The notifications on ME tile? If you mean notification of new email, you just pin that to start. The ME tile is linked with whatever Microsoft/Outlook/Hotmail account you use to log in to your phone. If your social feeds are connected to your Outlook account you will have to log in using your Outlook account. However if you've purchased your apps and games using Microsoft account you won't get them on your Outlook account. So what you could ideally do is, link your Microsoft account with social feeds and use outlook as just an email client. That way you get emails, social feeds and you don't have to re-log-in.

MattMamba2012

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Im talking about the actual outlook websites. My main account was set up using an email that I no longer have access to. Any notifications I would receive regarding my account will go to an email I can't access. In the settings, there is a setting which will allow me to use a different email to receive notifications regarding my account. When I try to use my new outlook email it doesn't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb