Hint... Hint... Mail got updated....

VidJuhEffex

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
AND ITS FASTER!!
No placebo effect here, it loaded my messages both initially and as I scrolled much faster. Quick filtering between all and unread. And styled slightly different.

VidJuhEffex

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Also, I noticed it has a search button out front and center (like hulu.) I think this is good because 99% of the bad reviews of the Netflix app are people unable to figure out how to use the search paradigm. I love that Hulu and Mail, pop out the Charms Bar search, as if to slowly train people to look there for it.

kerryprsp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
While long overdue, I really like the update. My favorite new feature is being able to send and reply to email with your Outlook alias.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah seems much more stable and I like the added features!... now unified inbox and Xbox music update are needed next.

edit.. for calendar where did my Gmail account go? I can only add Microsoft calendars

Last edited:

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or the Mail and People apps are really... well, not ugly... but plain looking? Boring?

You mean they're functional, without useless eye candy? Yes, yes they are.

I dunno about you, but I'm interested in the content. Not the crap around the borders.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
They should just rename it to Outlook Lite or Outlook 8
I think that's a problem, since there already are too many things called Outlook. Naming web-based email and a desktop email client by the same name already confuses users.

Microsoft needs simpler, less confusing product names and product lines.

drjekel_mrhyde

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I am not liking the new mail

Post update When someone send me a link in my email I have to copy and paste it in a web browser instead of just clicking it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers