MS Needs to Better Marketing

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I went into a Best Buy today to buy an iPad for school and ended up playing with Windows 8 the whole time. Being a fan of 'metro' design, and previously owning a windows phone, I like Windows 8 a lot. Somehow though I use a GNex for Verizon, my trophy crapped out on me, and own a Nexus 7 and now an iPad....Anyway while playing with it on a desktop I realized I really like it as a desktop os. However it seems like everyday I read or hear people talking about how terrible of an os it is for the desktop. The biggest complaint about there being no start button seems absolutely idiotic if you use the damn thing for two minutes. The fact that I can literally start typing to find or search for anything pretty much blows that argument into the stratosphere, and it also mimics the just type feature which worked so well for webOs :).
This brings me to the topic at hand. Microsofts marketing for Windows phone is non-existant, but the marketing for Windows 8 is just plain bad. Now I know people are going to throw in their two cents but their first commercials with people dancing were nice....I guess, but how about silencing the critics with a funny commercial with people crying and pulling their hair out about the start screen and then just have a kid walk up and start typing on the keyboard. I mean I am sure this has been posted before but I badly want a Windows 8 machine and I would hate to see them alter their vision in any way because people do not bother to adjust to something new.
Also, what are some of the more technical complaints about Windows 8? I'll search it right after I am done with this rant, because honestly for an average person I cant see Windows 8 impacting their productivity on a computer at all. It would only help them.
BTW I haven't been in a Best Buy in a long time but wow....they look like they are hurting bad.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
the only complaints people have about 8 is the lack of start button and menu. that's it. everything else under the hood is improved from 7

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen any technical complaints. All of the complaints have been dislike of the GUI.

I'm running Windows 8 Pro x64 on 4-year-old hardware, and it uses fewer resources than Windows 7 Professional x64 did.

I have no complaints about the GUI. Even when I ran Windows 7, I rarely bothered with the start button; I pinned my most used programs to the taskbar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo