NosRokanaske

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Just curious is there a messaging app where i can reply to my text messages kinda like how iMessenger works on OS X. It would be pretty neat if it was implemented.
Also, what apps sync well with Windows phone 8?

NosRokanaske

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
WP8Expert: To be a little more concrete, the iMessenger app on OS X allows you to sync the app with your phone number so texts will appear on your MacBook as well and you can respond to who ever is texting right there. I'm wondering if there was a Windows 8 app that is similar to it. I know there is the native messaging app, the one TeknoBlast used, but you cant sync your phone to it so you cant respond to texts from there.

To elaborate more with the second question, what apps on windows 8 are also on windows phone 8 that offer a seemless transition. Like when i use it on my phone then switch to my desktop or laptop, the app would resume where i left off or at least remember what i did last so when i relaunch it all my progress isnt lost. I know One Note is somewhat like this where the stuff you do on it is essentially retained.

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
WP8Expert: To be a little more concrete, the iMessenger app on OS X allows you to sync the app with your phone number so texts will appear on your MacBook as well and you can respond to who ever is texting right there. I'm wondering if there was a Windows 8 app that is similar to it. I know there is the native messaging app, the one TeknoBlast used, but you cant sync your phone to it so you cant respond to texts from there.

To elaborate more with the second question, what apps on windows 8 are also on windows phone 8 that offer a seemless transition. Like when i use it on my phone then switch to my desktop or laptop, the app would resume where i left off or at least remember what i did last so when i relaunch it all my progress isnt lost. I know One Note is somewhat like this where the stuff you do on it is essentially retained.

Haha sorry, never used an Apple device so I didn't know how it works. (WINDOWS PHONE 4 LYFE) I would love that as I own a Windows 8 laptop. They should give us some benefits for owning both a Windows 8 laptop and a Windows Phone 8 device like rewards or auto-sync everything with each other (points and game progress)

NosRokanaske

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Its cool. A vast majority of Windows users havent used OS X because of various reasons, so i am not too surprised. I've used almost all of Apple's line-up except the Mac Pro's, iMac's, and MacBook Pro mainly because when i got them they were the best. Although i personally don't recommend their laptop lineup, except for the MacBook Air because it is reasonably priced although its competition does have 1080p nowadays, pairing their phone/tablet with they computers/laptops actually work pretty well. I haven't used it personally, but my dad used it so it did look good. I'm not a huge fan of Apple as I've always used Windows and i almost always will use it exclusively unless i have no real option or just experimenting, but I will give Apple respect and credit because they actually make pretty good software to pair with their pretty damn sturdiness of their electronics. But the sturdiness is just an offset from using a ton of Aluminum in the first place.

To get to my point, there are 2 main features in OS X and to some extent iOS X that i really like that would be pretty nice to have on Windows and Windows Phone 8.
1. Text messagin sync. I think it would be great if i can answer my cell phone texts from my desktop, laptop, and/or soon to be tablet.
2. Work spaces. This is a bit nitpicky, but workspaces would be cool so i don't have to switch between writing something in docs and looking at the internet by hitting icons on the super bar and using a trackpad gesture instead. I know metro apps supposed to overcome this but there are really only a very few metro apps that are worth using day to day.

I wish Windows 8 and WP8 had more integration other than skydrive and outlook because that was the really good selling point for getting a WP8 phone. Really, cloud storage synchronization is pretty much there for Windows, OS X, and even Chrome OS so that aspect is pretty much gone to me. A unified market place would be pretty damn dope too. Buy an app once and you could use it on your dektop, laptop, phone, and/or tablet. That would be so dope.

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I agree, I would like to see this, maybe they will do a imessage type service using Skype someday... I did like imessage when I had my iPhone in the past.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999