- 08-19-2013, 09:15 AM #1
I have a Windows 8 PC of which I am the only user. I always had it set to not require a password on wake. After an update, it was set to require the password. OK, so I just changed it back to not require a password. But even though the setting says it doesn't require a password, it still asks me for a password every time it wakes. I tried restarting. I tried changing the setting back and then setting it again. It still asks for my password every time.
Has anyone else encountered this?
- 08-19-2013, 10:09 AM #2
I've not encountered this on Windows 8 but I've had it on Win 7 and Vista. I think sometimes they include these changes now and again and no matter what you do to make sure the right settings are checked nothing seems to work. Have you searched around the internet for other people that have had this problem?
Maybe this will help: Password Protection on Wakeup - Enable or Disable in Windows 8
- By jick in forum HTC 8SReplies: 7Last Post: 08-28-2013, 07:11 AM
- By hazarry in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 08-19-2013, 08:52 AM
- By hairlet in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2013, 02:10 AM
- By aikidoka-mks in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 2Last Post: 08-19-2013, 01:42 AM
- By Rickosw in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 5Last Post: 08-18-2013, 09:56 AM