Windows 8.1 Update Stuck on Applying Changes

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
UPDATE - I clicked on Cancel Update after over an hour of it stuck, in hopes it will just reinstall...hitting cancel will start the download over...HEADS UP.

olav

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Any update? I have the same problem, stuck at 63% while "applying changes". Upgrading from the 8.1 preview version.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Any update? I have the same problem, stuck at 63% while "applying changes". Upgrading from the 8.1 preview version.

On my Non-Touch workstation, it is downloading again because I hit cancel update. On my Surface RT, it is complete. My Surface Pro is just about to restart.

Is your 63% on a workstation?

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
When it got stuck on 63%, as reported, I hit cancel and it wanted to restart the download. I rebooted, restarted the download and it worked.

Bamm83

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the trouble with the update as well. I have tried numerous times to update through the store from Win8. It finishes and and reboots, yet then my update process does not get past "updating devices 65%." I even let it go through the night and it was still 65% in the morning. 10 hours.

Have no idea what's up. Any help?

Last edited:

hexum311add

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
same problem as above.

I started with a fresh install of windows 8. Waiting for windows update to install all updates which took 36 hours. Started 8.1 update from the windows store app icon. Downloads in normal time, installing seems normal, then sits on Applying changes 63%. Left it over night, made sure PC didnt sleep or hibernate and it was still stuck.

All drivers are updated, no programs installed except for firefox. Using an admin account. Ran Windows 8.1 upgrade assist with no incompatible programs or hardware. What do?

Anshuman Chaturvedi

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I got this figured out. When you stuck at 63% or anywhere , just disconnect your internet, then reconnect it. The process will go over 63% and finish the update.
It Will Work.....Come On! Try it out Guys!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12