8.1 Surface touch cover sounds will not turn off

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
In 8.1, on a Surface Pro, when I select the option to turn off touch cover sounds it does not work. I have tried rebooting to no avail. The really weird thing is that for a different user on the same machine it toggles as expected.

I saw another post that someone was seeing this on a Surface RT as well.

Any thoughts.

ahjushshi

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
In 8.1, on a Surface Pro, when I select the option to turn off touch cover sounds it does not work. I have tried rebooting to no avail. The really weird thing is that for a different user on the same machine it toggles as expected.

I saw another post that someone was seeing this on a Surface RT as well.

Any thoughts.

I have the same problem with mine (surface 2 with touch cover 2). I also replicated your findings... created a new local account and that worked fine. With the new local account turned on the sound and the clicks were audible, turned it off and the sounds went away.

I also went as far as resetting the entire machine to factory settings with the touch cover attached.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with mine (surface 2 with touch cover 2). I also replicated your findings... created a new local account and that worked fine. With the new local account turned on the sound and the clicks were audible, turned it off and the sounds went away.

I also went as far as resetting the entire machine to factory settings with the touch cover attached.

I was able to sort this out by using the recovery, but only to refresh and not to wipe any apps, files or settings. After this the device worked fine and the sounds were gone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa