Pandora App

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I thought there was a Pandora app for Windows 8, but I can't find it in the app store for my SP2. Was I wrong and there never was one, or did it go away for some reason? I know I can use my browser but an app would have been better.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, what is it that you think makes an app better than a browser? Personally, I don't like the idea of apps, especially on a product with a full web browser like the Surface Pro. I downloaded the Facebook app on day 1 of its release, but I find that I NEVER use it because I'm just so much more comfortable on the browser. I hate that Apple has made apps so essential when 99% of the time a decent browser can do the job just as well, if not better.

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I personally find apps easier to use. They tend to take advantage of the OS's specific capabilities (push notifications, live tiles, etc.) than their web-based counterparts. On tablets, I prefer using apps than their web-based alternative because the content is better laid out for touch. I used to have a relatively hard time navigating Facebook on my Latitude 10 (clicking adjacent links, etc.), but the app makes it much easier to use.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I prefer some apps over the website and Pandora happens to be one of them. I use my SP2 at the gym a lot when I'm coaching and using the Pandora app, connected to the sound system works out great. I guess I'll have to continue to use my WP Pandora app till one becomes available for Windows 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariaabsom