Steam Os impact on Windows os

GideonTerblanche

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Steam os will be taking the master race fanboys and that's what scares me after all most have Windows just for gaming purposes ! Microsoft really needs to wake up their biggest cash maker will get the finger unless they do something and quick !! :(

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Steam os will be taking the master race fanboys and that's what scares me after all most have Windows just for gaming purposes ! Microsoft really needs to wake up their biggest cash maker will get the finger unless they do something and quick !! :(

Hahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahaha

Sorry, but the guys over at valve cannot program well if their life depended on it. It'll be so bad and rough around the edges that you cannot use it satisfactorily, and it will be 10 years before they successfully give it any level of polish.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

GideonTerblanche

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
The reason why i suggest Microsoft needs to get also more invested in pc gaming is because of the general population if steam os is a success then people will follow like isheeps :D which ultimately would bring alot of destruction on Windows monopoly :/

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The reason why i suggest Microsoft needs to get also more invested in pc gaming is because of the general population if steam os is a success then people will follow like isheeps :D which ultimately would bring alot of destruction on Windows monopoly :/

Hardly. Windows largest customers are corporate and IT, and those guys aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

In order for steamOS to work, developers have to start supporting Linux, and Linux is still in a sorry state for gaming without valve's shoddy programmers having touched it yet.

It's likely that sometime in the future, Xbox products will merely be software and merge with PC- that's my guess anyway.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Steam OS sounds incredibly Asinine. I have no idea why everyone's losing their minds over it, especially when you consider these facts about it:

1.) Out of the 2k+ titles on steam available to windows users, only 400 of those titles are available on Linux, and roughly 10 of those are AAA titles that were released several years ago. The rest are mostly titles no one has ever heard of or bothers to play.

2.) PC game developers are very unlikely to split resources to develop a Linux version of a new AAA title.

3.) In order to take full advantage of Steam OS... you still need a windows PC to wirelessly stream the games. Think about that for a sec, you're buying a $400+ Linux based computer with extremely limited access to the steam library, just to stream games from a windows based gaming PC you've already spent money on.

4.) Consoles (360, XB1, PS3, PS4) offer a superior experience for the living room, without having to create a complicated setup.

5.) Steam OS itself will be no replacement for windows. It will mostly be a closed content delivery system for Valve.

GideonTerblanche

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Steam OS sounds incredibly Asinine. I have no idea why everyone's losing their minds over it, especially when you consider these facts about it:

1.) Out of the 2k+ titles on steam available to windows users, only 400 of those titles are available on Linux, and roughly 10 of those are AAA titles that were released several years ago. The rest are mostly titles no one has ever heard of or bothers to play.

2.) PC game developers are very unlikely to split resources to develop a Linux version of a new AAA title.

3.) In order to take full advantage of Steam OS... you still need a windows PC to wirelessly stream the games. Think about that for a sec, you're buying a $400+ Linux based computer with extremely limited access to the steam library, just to stream games from a windows based gaming PC you've already spent money on.

4.) Consoles (360, XB1, PS3, PS4) offer a superior experience for the living room, without having to create a complicated setup.

5.) Steam OS itself will be no replacement for windows. It will mostly be a closed content delivery system for Valve.

+1 :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon