Bing News app giving breaking news alert twice

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Recently I have been getting the breaking news alert notifications of the same story twice, usually right after the other and occasionally at the same time. Has anyone else experienced this and anyone know where to look to try and fix it?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting. I don't even see any place to get news alert from the Bing News app. I only have the option to personalize the content sources and layout.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting. I don't even see any place to get news alert from the Bing News app. I only have the option to personalize the content sources and layout.

I was digging around in PC settings (I remembered it being somewhere there but couldn't remember) and it is under Search and Apps > Notifications. Do you have app notifcations on and for the news app? I will try turning it off and on again ;) IT Crowd style lol. It will be a bit hard to test since breaking news alert doesn't happen very often

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was digging around in PC settings (I remembered it being somewhere there but couldn't remember) and it is under Search and Apps > Notifications. Do you have app notifcations on and for the news app? I will try turning it off and on again ;) IT Crowd style lol. It will be a bit hard to test since breaking news alert doesn't happen very often

Wow! There must not be any breaking news here. Apparently I have this turned on, but I've yet to get a notification for it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Lol! That is strange. I'll keep looking around to see if there are any other settings it could be. I don't recall seeing anything in the news app though. Might be something I'll have to ask over on the Microsoft Answers community.

Edit: Apparently someone else had the same issue here: When Bing News makes an announcement on my computer why does it repeat - Microsoft Community

I'll give this a try as well.

I hope it works for you.

I'm not really concerned about not getting any notifications, since I rarely use Bing News anyway. I use Nextgen Reader and Weave for most of my news.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I hope it works for you.

I'm not really concerned about not getting any notifications, since I rarely use Bing News anyway. I use Nextgen Reader and Weave for most of my news.

Same here. I do like the breaking news thing though, but like you I tend to use Weave for the sync between devices.

mrvhin1216

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm having an issue with Weave. Whenever I'm in a specific subscription, say I'm in Windowsphone, I am having a hard time scrolling the page from left to right, or vice versa. Not only I have to scroll 5-6 times, I also have to press the screen hard when scrolling! I know there's nothing wrong with my phone because that's the only time/part I am having issues with, when I am browsing/reading within any subscription. Am I missing something or what? Weave is a great app, but this problem is driving me crazy I want to uninstall it! Please help!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm having an issue with Weave. Whenever I'm in a specific subscription, say I'm in Windowsphone, I am having a hard time scrolling the page from left to right, or vice versa. Not only I have to scroll 5-6 times, I also have to press the screen hard when scrolling! I know there's nothing wrong with my phone because that's the only time/part I am having issues with, when I am browsing/reading within any subscription. Am I missing something or what? Weave is a great app, but this problem is driving me crazy I want to uninstall it! Please help!
What device do you have? I use Weave on a Nokia Lumia 920, and I do not have the problem you are having. I do have the Black update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria