Silly desktop issue

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my laptop and Surface Pro to 8.1 update 1 last weekend.

On my laptop if I now close an app for example Mail, or my browser (Either by swiping down or using the close button) I go to the desktop instead of back to the Metro screen, this doesn't happen on my Surface Pro, it goes back to the Start/Metro screen and this is how I would want my laptop to work.

I know it is probably a setting but for the life of me I can't see it, any help appreciated.

Bob

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey bob go to desktop and right click on taskbar/properties. You will find a setting (sorry I don't have my netbook at moment , there is a bug. I have a Lenovo flex 10 which is a laptop with a multi touch display. Whenever I close the app either by swiping down or by pressing the X button , it takes me straight to desktop. Earlier it used to take me to my start screen. The toogle option does not seem work anymore )

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I can see the "Go to desktop when I close items" but it was unchecked, out of curiosity I checked and applied it, made no difference, so I unchecked and applied it and still no difference.

Bob

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
From properties of your taskbar go to the Taskbar tab and remove the tick from Show Windows Store Apps on The Taskbar

Should now work as it did in previous versions

Having Store Apps show on the Taskbar (new in latest version) forces it back to Desktop when apps are closed

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
From properties of your taskbar go to the Taskbar tab and remove the tick from Show Windows Store Apps on The Taskbar

Having Store Apps show on the Taskbar (new in latest version) forces it back to Desktop when apps are closed

Thanks this works :D

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

beat me to it! This is something I would like them to change. Love the store apps on my taskbar but on my surface I would prefer to go to Start screen instead of desktop.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Well done that man, vote yourself a treat, anything you want (Well you are paying for it).

Many thanks.

Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap