Viber isn't working on Windows 8.1: how to fix?

plsbru

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello, people!

Is anyone using Viber on their Windows 8/8.1 PCs or tablets?

I can't seem to find the problem, but my Viber app on my PC is just not working. All I can see is purple loading screen and not much else. I checked apps's permissions, everything seems to be enabled. I have also downloaded the latest version from Windows Store. Funny thing is, I used it a couple of times before, but it just stopped working for no reason. I know that there has been a big update, but it still didn't fix my problem. It seems to be working well on my WP.

Anyone had similar issue and know where to look for a solution?

Cheers!

Mark4211

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
re:

Hello, people!

Is anyone using Viber on their Windows 8/8.1 PCs or tablets?

I can't seem to find the problem, but my Viber app on my PC is just not working. All I can see is purple loading screen and not much else. I checked apps's permissions, everything seems to be enabled. I have also downloaded the latest version from Windows Store. Funny thing is, I used it a couple of times before, but it just stopped working for no reason. I know that there has been a big update, but it still didn't fix my problem. It seems to be working well on my WP.

Anyone had similar issue and know where to look for a solution?

Cheers!

You have to be patient and wait >10 seconds for the app to start up.... This is what is does for me.

I'm on Windows 8.1 Update 1.

plsbru

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
re:

You have to be patient and wait >10 seconds for the app to start up.... This is what is does for me.

I'm on Windows 8.1 Update 1.

I really don't want to sound like an arrogant *******, but I will totally sound like one now.

I'm not stupid, I know I have to wait... I don't click on the icon and just go "oh, **** it doesn't work".

I actually left it overnight. Did not help.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
re:

I used Viber on a L520 and an Ativ S Neo. Both on 8.1 DP and both worked flawlessly. Have you tried uninstalling, soft reset and then re-installing?

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Instead of using the app, I use the desktop client myself. Works flawlessly, along with working on my Samsung Ativ S Neo .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre