How do I fix Store App not working on Windows 8.1?

Shahroz Naeem

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey, everyone.

When I click on the Store App, the green loading screen shows up and then it automatically minimizes. Even the loading circle doesn't show up.
Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Shahroz Naeem

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried the Apps Troubleshooter mentioned on this page? windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

If that doesn't help, perhaps this MSDN article will help. blogs.msdn.com/b/notime/archive/2013/10/18/fix-store-app-in-windows-8-1

I've tried that but it doesn't work. :/
Here's what Microsoft's App Troubleshooter gave as results.

Test.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked for driver updates already?

Or if a new driver caused a problem, have you rolled back the driver to an older version?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Are you getting any error when trying the troubleshooting? I get something of a license issue (can't understand why). Inputting the long code in to the CMD in Admin mode generates a headache of long text in red.
Are you also signed up for the dev program, trying out W10? I am.
Oh, and I get also a error that something can be wrong with my display drivers.

Shahroz Naeem

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
No error while troubleshooting. No license issues as far as I can tell. The long code solution works okay apart from the fact that the store app doesn't work at the end of it. And I haven't joined the dev program and my display drivers are up-to-date. :crying:

luke_f

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app? Sometimes the local app data gets corrupted somehow. One easy way to resolve this is to uninstall (and say "yes" when you are asked if you want to remove all app data!!) and then re-install it from the store. This has helped me in two cases already.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have tried uninstalling. Scanning for virus with antimaleware bytes (that name!).
I tried the troubleshooting suggested at Microsoft with the shell command and then lost the store. I reversed a update with backup to back the OS back. That got the store back then but my metro inviroment is still screwd. I got Microsoft's Network Speed Test app and the OneDrive app to work and also MSN Finans. But the rest, calendar, email, MSN News, IE etc just keeps minimizing. I noticed the news tile is updating correctly.
I tried calling Microsoft support today and they wanted me to pay for support fixing the issue, or re-install the OS. I explained to her that I use my PC for music production and a re-install of the OS was out of question (if you ever dealt with music plugins and configuring it all you know why) and that i would buy a mac instead before doing a reinstall, said thnx for nothing and now hoping a PC guru I know, who happens to hate W8 (like all hardcore PC nerds), will be able to fix the issue.

Shahroz Naeem

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app? Sometimes the local app data gets corrupted somehow. One easy way to resolve this is to uninstall (and say "yes" when you are asked if you want to remove all app data!!) and then re-install it from the store. This has helped me in two cases already.

Dude. Just tell me one way to uninstall the Store App itself and I would do it a thousand times over. :straight:
It can't be done. The Store App is integrated into the OS itself and it can't be installed or reinstalled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb