Can't Upgrade to Windows 8.1?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So I decided to do a clean slate and erase everything on my Surface Pro(OG) to get rid of a lot of junk. This is my 2nd time doing this.

The first time, it worked fine...but I wasn't aware it would revert me back to Windows 8. I had to go through the trouble of reinstalling Windows 8.1 again, unfortunately. But it worked.

last night, I did a Reset to start over again, and it reverted me back to Windows 8(As expected). I of course go to try and install Windows 8.1 via the Windows store yet it tells me I need to install some updates Via Windows update, which I attempted to.

It more or less just "Hung" at the Downloading updates page(I didn't see a green progress bar). About an hour or so later, it says it needs to restart so I restarted it. ANother 1 hr and half later, it finishes installing the updates and I get the error saying

"Failure configuring Windows updates reverting Changes. Do not turn off your computer."

I've tried TWICE now. So I am stuck on Windows 8, which while fun for nostalgia, is not fun to use as much anymore that I am used to 8.1

How do I get my Surface Pro to actually download and install the updates properly?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3