Windows 8.1 Facebook App - What's the status of this app?

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So, does anyone know if they're still supporting this app? I mean, it's looking quite dated now even to the point where the Messages are still integrated whereas on every other platform they've been broken out.

Seems like it has not been updated in a long time. Any word on if this will ever happen?

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
MS is the one writing the app and we know how slow they are with things sometimes. So doubt it's abandoned. Not sure what the Facebook Beta is like as I can't be bothered getting it.

The Facebook messenger app exists. Messenger | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I thought the app tells you that it doesn't support messages any more.

That's Windows "Phone" - I'm talking about WINDOWS 8.1 (not Phone).

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Does it really bother you that messaging is not broken out of the app itself?? If so, you'd be the 1st person I heard complain. Me personally, I think the app is fine the way it is.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't bother me at all. I was just using that as an example of how this app hasn't been updated because all others that are up to date have had that broken out.

The app is lacking a lot of the functionality of the WP app

carlosirai

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
For me work great as it should, only need an update to get the stickers seen on comments like the new update of facebook beta for windows phone

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes they are.. I'm on the Facebook beta and it was updated a few days ago.. It will come to the official version soon.
Sent from my Samsung ATIV S using Tapatalk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss