Antivirus for XP

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It's a blanket assumption that has very little in the way of cost.
We're here to help people, like the people who ask for an A/V for their phone.
I'm willing to err on the side of making risks clear, where the best course of action for most people is to upgrade. If they know exactly whats going on and just want opinions, that's fine, they can ignore the rest.

I agree 100%. But do you think this is appropriate?

"Yeah, haven't there been at least like, 3-5 vulnerabilities that affect XP that have not been and are never going to be patched? I advise not plugging internet into that PC OP, since you seem intent on ignoring the advice about NOT USING XP given here several times..."

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
As of February, XP has 19.5% market share (world wide) according to a Windows Central article dated Mar 1. The article says this is an increase from January! This is greater than Windows 8.0 OS, 8.1 OS, and Apple OS (4%) numbers.

Just to put the question into perspective.

Last edited:

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
So, taking into account that XP is still used, lets get back to the now recognized as legitimate question, what are the best all inclusive solutions? Just a quick summary, please.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm partial to Avast, but we have to make sure a given A/V still supports XP.

(Also there are some measures that can be taken - I saw a cool article on this, I don't remember most of the points, but using the sandboxing tool Sandboxie was recommended.)

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, taking into account that XP is still used, lets get back to the now recognized as legitimate question, what are the best all inclusive solutions? Just a quick summary, please.

Get a cheap Kaspersky 2015 License off eBay. Seriously, you should not have to pay more than $15/year. Kaspersky 2015 works great in XP!
Also, check out Pale Moon Browser (for XP). Latest version of Firefox does not play nice in XP, however, Pale Moon does (and works faster too).

Pale Moon (XP) : https://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-atom.shtml
Kaspersky (Example, make Best Offer of $13) : Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Full Retail 1pc 1 Year | eBay
Be careful when ordering cheap licenses, read description to see if they expire on a certain date!

FWIW if you are using XP for internet oriented tasks you are doing something wrong XD
Pretty much anything internet related has been updated for Vista/7/8/8.1 ...

PM me if you want help migrating ;)

claudiamartin01

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday, i installed windows xp in my pc but i want to know what is the best antivirus for xp which keep my system secure?

Are your using Windows XP? I would recommend you to install quick heal or Protegent Antivirus which will not slow down your system performance and also provides robust protection against online threats.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre