Windows 7 - Firewall - Windows v BitDefender?

mike160304

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
In recent threads on Anti-virus, I am surprised that no-one has mentioned BitDefender Anti-Virus Plus 2015 - it is paid, but is currently quite modestly priced.

It seem to top a lot of reviews, claiming to catch more viruses and malware before they can do damage.

I am about to replace AVG Internet Security 2014 (paid) with BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2015 (paid), based on the good reviews of the latter.

But one of the reviews (I forget which) said that although BitDefender AV Plus is better than AVG and Windows Security Essentials in general, the Windows Firewall is better than the BitDefender Firewall - so they would recommend using BitDefender AV Plus but with the Windows Firewall, not the BitDefender one.

Does anyone have any comments on this, please?

Regards,
Mike

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
From what I know....

Bitdefender is a great all around robust suite.

The Anti-Virus is smooth, low powered, and highly rated throughout many websites and reviewers (AV-Tests, Consumer Reports, etc.)

I honestly would use the Bitdefender Firewall since it was ranked higher than the Windows one.

claudiamartin01

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
In recent threads on Anti-virus, I am surprised that no-one has mentioned BitDefender Anti-Virus Plus 2015 - it is paid, but is currently quite modestly priced.

It seem to top a lot of reviews, claiming to catch more viruses and malware before they can do damage.

I am about to replace AVG Internet Security 2014 (paid) with BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2015 (paid), based on the good reviews of the latter.

But one of the reviews (I forget which) said that although BitDefender AV Plus is better than AVG and Windows Security Essentials in general, the Windows Firewall is better than the BitDefender Firewall - so they would recommend using BitDefender AV Plus but with the Windows Firewall, not the BitDefender one.

Does anyone have any comments on this, please?

Regards,
Mike

In my opinion, Windows firewall is good enough to provide bi-directional protection against spam and phishing attacks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss