Looking for an Xbox Video alternative?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Those looking for an alternative that organizes your movies and TV shows instead of cropping them all into one giant Hodge podge mess, should look at ?Media. Problem is they use some weird Latin symbol as the first letter. Big mistake as it makes it nearly impossible to find. The link is:

?Media app for Windows in the Windows Store

I have tried Pandora Video Box. Works great but doesn't handle TV shows. Film Closet. Same issue. StormPlay. Very amateurish look is its main issue. Movie Premier. Looks great but struggles to handle your library properly and eventually stops working as a result.

This app is the best working and looking I have found. I am trying to get the word out so the app gets support and just isn't abandoned. Only issues I have is the name making it hard to find and that it doesn't play MKV files.

If your like me and miss the Zune days were your personally movie and TV show library was nicely organized, take a look at this. It is organized, runs smooth on a Surface 2, and looks very pleasing.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've never tried any of those apps since I have Windows 8.1 Pro, so I use Windows Media Center. I don't own any RT devices.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte