TV Show watching apps disappearing

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
There us to be quite a few apps for watching tv shows. Well they have started to disappear because of complaints from the networks. I get ABC, FOX, etc that make apps for Windows Phone complaint. But companies like HBO, FX, that dont, need to STFU. Make an app or stop crying about the third party offerings. Ridiculous.

It Wasnt Me

Banned
Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I just lost TV Series...but fear not, many more. Try "Full TV." Also, there is "Full Movies" app. Make sure to get the HD version. Also, if you don't have Miracast, you can get an app to throw it to a Chromecast from your WP.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I just lost TV Series...but fear not, many more. Try "Full TV." Also, there is "Full Movies" app. Make sure to get the HD version. Also, if you don't have Miracast, you can get an app to throw it to a Chromecast from your WP.

You have a link? Searching Full TV brings up a ton of apps and I'm not sure which one you are talking about. Thanks

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
OMG, it may be gone too. I looked in the 10 store. I'll look in 8 as well.

This is ridiculous. I pay for cable tv, so I am already paying for all these shows. If you dont want to make an app for Windows Phone, then STFU about third party apps getting your show out. Sick of this crap.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I use to use Media Center with a DVR and move the recordings over to my phone. Windows 10 killed that. Now they are shutting these apps down. Anyone else recording tv and somehow transferring them to your phone, under Windows 10?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft needs to do something about these devices and their media consumption. Starting with Zune then over to Windows Phone 7, and the being of 8, these devices were great for media. They have gotten away from that, and now it is like pulling teeth to add my personally owned movies and shows, and a pain in the but to find shows because of the lack.of support from.companies like HBO, FX, etc. This has gotten ridiculous. They need to get their attention back on this, and quick.

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
On a positive note for those in Europe, Sky recently launched SkyGo on Windows in Italy so hopefully other countries will get their version soon.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
On a positive note for those in Europe, Sky recently launched SkyGo on Windows in Italy so hopefully other countries will get their version soon.

Yeah. Screwed in the states here, and it looks if they removed the rest of the third party apps. They need to relist those apps and tell the networks if they want to make apps, then fine, otherwise go to court. They are helping form monopoly's. I pay just as much as iOS users for cable. And before someone mentions market share, almost all the TV apps are available for Blackberry and that ecosystem is on life support.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Lack of network support on windows is odd. Cable and sports channels have apps for WP, but the big channels stay well away. I wonder how portable the Xbox apps will become once its windows 10 based.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Lack of network support on windows is odd. Cable and sports channels have apps for WP, but the big channels stay well away. I wonder how portable the Xbox apps will become once its windows 10 based.
I find it completely odd also. I almost wonder if many of these networks are being "convinced" to stay away. The Netflix app is great, and from what I have heard, Netflix says it gets more than enough users. I find it hard that Netflix finds it successful being on this platform, and FX and HBO see the opposite.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Im going nuts here. I want my TV apps back. 80% of my phone use is media consumption. There is to many third party TV apps missing and these babies turned around and complained about the third party apps! I never thought id leave Windows Phone, but without them, I could have a flip phone and do the same thing in doing now. Ridiculous that they didn't fight them on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Slingbox is really the only way to get every channel you currently have access to while mobile. It's a less than satisfactory solution but does work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12