Doubts about flag and archive option on Windows 10 mail app. Where does the mail go when you use these options?

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Doubts about "flag" and "archive" option on Windows 10 mail app.

I do not understand two features of Windows 10 mail app. Where does the mail go when we click "Flag" and "Archive" options? There are no archive or flag folders. It really irritates me and so any help will be highly appreciated.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Doubts about "flag" and "archive" option on Windows 10 mail app.

Well unfortunately.. Setting flags will only work if the mail is still in view in your inbox (the apps don't show all the mails in your inbox after they've been opened)

In any case the options to view those mails (flags/archived) hasn't been added yet. You can set the inbox to show you flagged mails, but again, I think that it will only show you the mails that are in view within the inbox at that moment

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Flag simply flags the message for further review. It doesn't move the message.

Archive, I'm not sure about that since I just use the Delete function.

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

I have read somewhere that all the mails go to "All Mail" folder after they are moved out of inbox after the set sync duration which may be 2 weeks to 3 months. Archive option does the same before the sync duration ends. I hope that there was a separate Archive folder.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

I have read somewhere that all the mails go to "All Mail" folder after they are moved out of inbox after the set sync duration which may be 2 weeks to 3 months. Archive option does the same before the sync duration ends. I hope that there was a separate Archive folder.

You can always suggest this using the feedback app or the uservoice sites :)

Judah Antonito

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
If you have accidentally deleted something, you can just find it and flag it, and it would be highlighted, just if you want to find where it is. The flag system is very useful.:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo