Can I export Windows Whatsapp message database to Android's Whatsapp?

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking of jumping ship to android after several years of owning windows phones. Sadly it is certain apps that I need that are making me jump. Anyhow, I will use the same sim card from my windows phone to my android phone. I want to transfer/export my whatsapp messages to android whatsapp so I can continue my threads and chats etc. Is this possible? Maybe I can go to file explorer on the windows phone and copy the message database file and paste it in the android whatsapp message database folder etc. Or something similar. Any ideas please?

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking of jumping ship to android after several years of owning windows phones. Sadly it is certain apps that I need that are making me jump. Anyhow, I will use the same sim card from my windows phone to my android phone. I want to transfer/export my whatsapp messages to android whatsapp so I can continue my threads abs chats etc. Is this possible? Maybe I can go to file explorer on the windows phone and copy the message database file and paste it in the android whatsapp message database file etc. Or something similar. Any ideas please?

so far it isn't possible to transfer your whatsapp messages from windows to other systems. The only thing you can try is to backup whatsapp messages into sd card and then hope that the sd card can be read by the android phone. This might not work though

Other things that you can do is to email the whatsapp chats to yourself for backup purposes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99