When did the eBay app get withdrawn?

jazen

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I was looking for the eBay app for W10m last night and noticed it is now missing. Did they just quietly pull the app from the store? I have it installed on my W10 laptop.

I also have it on my L1020 and had it on the Surface 2 (they pulled that one), but that's a different story.

shielahswshielah

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Well I never had an issue on my 1020 with it til tonight, it signed me out wouldn't let me sign back in then I though I'd uninstall & reinstall..that's when i realized they pulled it Sept 30, I used it all the time, now I'm thinking I'm gonna to finally have to give to my widow's phone & go wth Apple, hate android..this is terrible now I can't use my phone to work on eBay. Thanks

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Well I never had an issue on my 1020 with it til tonight, it signed me out wouldn't let me sign back in then I though I'd uninstall & reinstall..that's when i realized they pulled it Sept 30, I used it all the time, now I'm thinking I'm gonna to finally have to give to my widow's phone & go wth Apple, hate android..this is terrible now I can't use my phone to work on eBay. Thanks
When eBay was pulled that is what inspired me to get an iPhone as a backup. Still using my 950 as daily driver, for now.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, websites shouldn't become apps. Every website should optimize the mobile experience instead of create apps. Imagine every website on the internet becomes an app. You basically have turned the internet into apps. It's ridiculous.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I use ebay mobile website. It is quite good. Didn't miss the app.

Well, it is not so much that I will miss the app. When the “big” apps get pulled i.e. Amazon PayPal and eBay, it provides some insight in the direction of Windows Mobile. The app gap just got a little bit bigger.

shielahswshielah

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Well apps are easier and take less battery than internet, sucks windows can't keep up. I've always had Windows phone since my first Dell phone... Just ordered an Apple.. Can't work without standard apps...

Choco_Lab

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
This may be old news to most but it was only yesterday/last night that the ebay app stopped working on my phones.

Why do companies do this? The app always worked fine for me. Why not leave it up?

Sucks. Really sucks. I've been an extremely loyal MS Phone user for years now and to see them giving up on the platform is such a shame. Guess I'm going to have to starting looking at Android or Apple, which I really hate to do. Don't like either company one bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs