Maps app traffic info isn't available on CU

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
After updating to the Creators Update and the new Maps app UI, each of my devices lost the ability to predict traffic for routes. For any route at all (including the home/work favorites) it says "traffic info isn't available." I can see that traffic info IS available through the colors on the map. I'm not even talking about during navigation - we've sadly never had that - but in the route options themselves. This is a major feature loss! Does anyone else have this issue? And by the way, I'm in the northeast US so the maps are definitely available, and I have checked for updates.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just looked at mine and it shows the spots on the directions list that it thinks it's light traffic or moderate traffic. Is that what you mean?

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but no, it's not what I mean. Mine has those colors as well. What I mean is when I get directions, it says "x minutes", but below that it used to give an estimate with traffic. Now it says that traffic info is not available, every time.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yea that's what I mean, it's written light traffic, moderate traffic depending what route I choose. I'm not talking about the coloured portion of the map

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, that's interesting! Don't know why I don't have it. I'm on version 5.1703.762.0, the latest available on my slow ring build for PC and mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel