2014 august 300,000 apps in the windows store
    2015 September 700,000 apps in the windows store

Since then not a word. Are they creeping up to a million apps?
    05-19-2017 09:45 AM
    Maybe they stopped reporting that metric because they realized it reflected more about how many crappy apps there are in the Windows Store as compared to quality apps.
    05-19-2017 09:58 AM
    Maybe they stopped reporting that metric because they realized it reflected more about how many crappy apps there are in the Windows Store as compared to quality apps.
    That much is true of all the app counts but it still reflects growth. I think they stopped counting because of idroid and wanted to wait for a better sounding number
    Nate W likes this.
    05-19-2017 10:18 AM
    I think we stopped counting, because the situation is confusing right now :p
    Nate W and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-20-2017 09:05 PM
    I think its already over million but they don't announce because there are still some big names absence.
    Last edited by chain13; 05-21-2017 at 12:03 AM.
    Drael646464 and ven07 like this.
    05-20-2017 10:04 PM
    2014 august 300,000 apps in the windows store
    2015 September 700,000 apps in the windows store

Since then not a word. Are they creeping up to a million apps?
    At that time there was app problem only,but now there is no sign of new hardware,future of windows mobile etc

Sent from mTalk
    05-20-2017 10:08 PM
    At that time there was app problem only,but now there is no sign of new hardware,future of windows mobile etc

Sent from mTalk
    Do you think that doubt would stop if mobile gets feature updates in fall, and someone like alcatel or HP released a new handset (or wiley fox, as they have said they will)?

What would it actually take to convince the doubters?

Nadella on his hands and knees saying pretty please use our phones i'll promise I'll be good? XD

A phone that acts as a hoover board?

Then again, do regular people even care? Are ordinary everyday windows 10 mobile users are following hardware releases or official statements from MS? Is this website remotely representative?
    05-20-2017 10:23 PM
    Do you think that doubt would stop if mobile gets feature updates in fall, and someone like alcatel or HP released a new handset (or wiley fox, as they have said they will)?

What would it actually take to convince the doubters?

Nadella on his hands and knees saying pretty please use our phones i'll promise I'll be good? XD

A phone that acts as a hoover board?

Then again, do regular people even care? Are ordinary everyday windows 10 mobile users are following hardware releases or official statements from MS? Is this website remotely representative?
    The average person, at least in the U.S., has only heard of the big manufacturers like Apple, Samsung, maybe HTC. It would take something like that to get any attention.
    Then again even W10M users wouldn't support a manufacturer trying to put out a new device so how can we expect others to pay attention?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    05-21-2017 08:10 AM
    I know, and the likes of where Windows is moving as a whole says nothing, right? Sarcasm here of course...
    05-21-2017 08:54 AM
    The average person, at least in the U.S., has only heard of the big manufacturers like Apple, Samsung, maybe HTC. It would take something like that to get any attention.
    Then again even W10M users wouldn't support a manufacturer trying to put out a new device so how can we expect others to pay attention?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    If that's the case the average person doesn't even know windows 10 mobile exists. They would see that first phone by Lenovo, huawei, Samsung, htc or whomever as a first. It would only be born in the public consciousness when the first well known phone is marketed (surface surely would also count, people know about the surface brand)
    Nate W likes this.
    05-21-2017 09:23 AM
    It would only be born in the public consciousness when the first well known phone is marketed (surface surely would also count, people know about the surface brand)
    It would, true. When its time it will arrive. Items have paved and are paving the way for such new(er) device(s).
    05-21-2017 05:04 PM
    Was looking tonight for a spelling bee, test type of game or app for my 7 year old... figure just read out the word, read it in a sentence, let user spell it...

Nothing like that, thought there'd be lots
    05-22-2017 01:09 AM
    Was looking tonight for a spelling bee, test type of game or app for my 7 year old... figure just read out the word, read it in a sentence, let user spell it...

Nothing like that, thought there'd be lots
    That's surprising, education is one of the stores stronger areas. I just searched spelling and there was a lot of spelling quizzes and games.

I suppose you want a specific kind of spelling game tho...one where it reads the word out, rather than spelling or fixing written words.
    05-22-2017 01:40 AM
    I suppose you want a specific kind of spelling game tho...one where it reads the word out, rather than spelling or fixing written words.
    Yea the ones I saw right now are too advanced for her. She's starting spelling bee style tests, just needs to know how to spell thing at this time :)
    Yesterday 08:32 AM