Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

wp_20130222_001.jpg

So I don't even own a netbook or tablet, The reason I don't own a netbook is because I have a laptop. The reason I don't own a tablet, the ones I want like The Windows RT or PRO tablets are too expensive.

The reason I would love the to have one of these tablets is not really for me, its more for my 2 boys. I think having a tablet will help with their speech therapies, and also I can play around with developing apps that can be useful for them.
    Last edited by GrizzlyStrong; 02-22-2013 at 07:36 AM. Reason: spelling

I have an iPad, and it is not too bad. However, I am a windows fan and I would love to get my hands on a windows surface, but, unfortunately, they are not being sold here in the UAE.
    capture.jpg

Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crossoldier View Post
    I absolutely NEED a new Surface or ASUS Vivo Tablet, because I will be attending college this year and will need a way to access the internet to complete assignments, etc...other than using my phone. Attached picture of my Droid Bionic, since I don't have a tablet or netbook, hopefully this won't disqualify my entry (= Thank you for the contest!!! Good luck everyone! Crossoldier 2/21/13
    You really need to be hooked up with a WP8!!

PM me for more details

Global Posts
    1,119 Global Posts
    Sorry for the lack of picture, I have neither a notebook nor a tablet. I am a college student who earns money by writing for websites like Listverse. I used my pay to buy myself a Lumia 620 sim free because I really needed something with word on it. I need a laptop or windows tablet because that would make my life much easier and make writing more convenient.
    Last edited by Ebuka Allison; 02-28-2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: As for creativity, see and enjoy (phone can't edit main) http://listverse.com/2013/01/13/10-bizarre-scientific-inventions/

sadface.jpg

I could really use an upgrade. I work doing construction inspections and have to fill out daily field reports and my old laptop just doesn't seem to cut it anymore. Windows 95, 500mb hard drive and 8 mb of ram. I can barely get a couple of my PDF plans and daily reports on this thing. It does boot fast though. It would be really handy to have something that I could use to carry job plans around on and reference while doing inspections. I have been trying to use the old HP Touchpad, but without having a proper office suite it makes it hard to get all my documentation done. Private Pyle is sad and needs some help.

Global Posts
    2,566 Global Posts
    well this is one way to gather catfishing pictures...

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    wp_20130222_001.jpgthe only tablet I've got is the original Galaxy Tab which has pretty much been used past its lifetime now. Having a Surface RT will definitely help in university :D With inbuilt Microsoft Office, its definitely a good deal. Good luck everybody :D

As you can clearly see, my old Transformer is kinda broken and as a poor student I can't afford a new one...
    This is my only chance at getting something I can take to university with me, so please have some mercy

img_4550.jpg
    Also, if you don't let me win, my totally awesome Darth Vader will force choke you to death xD

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    netbook.jpg

This is my 3.5 year-old netbook running Windows XP. About 2.5 years ago it was stepped on and ever since then the screen randomly blanks out or starts jumping every 3 or so minutes (that's what is happening in the picture). I have to either hit gently or move it for the image to come back. Sometimes I have to be adjusting it for minutes before it starts working again. Also the webcam stopped working and sometimes a BSOD will happen due to moving the screen. I have tried fixing it by pulling it apart and adjusting the cables but that was only a temporary fix. I'm a full-time student in college and whenever I'm traveling it is almost impossible for me to get work done on this netbook because of the issues listed above. With a new RT tablet I could get most of my work done even when I'm on the road and maybe enjoy a little entertainment on the side. I could also take it to school in case I need to do work there and the computer labs are filled.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I need a new Windows RT tablet from WPCentral because this old VAIO netbook is so slow, I'll be able to grow a full beard before I get logged into Windows XP (this is 3 days growth already.). Please save me from obsolescence ****!

vaio.jpg

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    wp_20130222_001.jpg

I'm still using an HP Touchpad...my desktop is from 2003 running xp.....my Win 7 laptop is too big to carry....I just need a portable computing device other than my phone. And being that my phone is an HTC 8x it would help start my descent into the Windows eco system. Breaching the "Surface" if you will. Plus my birthday is 3/13/13, and this would be an amazing gift!!!
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I live in the UAE as well! (Nice to know I'm not alone on these forums in the UAE) You can actually buy a Surface RT from most electronic shops in Dubai (e.g. Jumbo, Virgin, Axiom, Sharaf DG etc.) but it is much more expensive than in the US. I bought one for my cousin (32GB + Black keyboard cover bundle for 2699 AED from Virgin [that's $734 vs $599 in the US])

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    gateway.jpg

Me and my beat-up old gateway from undergrad...took a nice fall with it last year that has pulled the top of the frame off a bit. Still running though! Wouldn't mind an upgrade, however.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    This Playbook cannot be classified as a useful tool, it so needs to be replaced with something that can be used as a full tool...without access to simple apps like skydrive, a real word program, etc. the playbook just sits. I spent my $$ on the playbook :( in hopes that it would be better, but really want one of those actual tablets...

wp_20130222_006.jpg

1. Take a picture of yourself with your tired and worn out netbook or tablet. [Check!]
    2. Head over to the official contest thread (if you're reading this, you're already at the contest thread!) [Check!]
    3. Post the picture in the thread below, AND tell us why you absolutely NEED a new Surface or ASUS VivoTab. [Thanks James and NVidia! will do!]

my_poor_t101mt.jpg
    As you can see, I have never strayed to the darkside of android or iOS like some of the other traitors amongst our midst! I stayed true to the cause and rightfully purchased the ASUS T101MT at the Scottsdale, AZ Microsoft Store nearly 3 years ago. I have absolutely loved using this netbook, as it had Windows 7 Pro, full office 2010, and a Stylus option for signing documents, etc. It put all of my friends' iFads, and Lamedroid tablets to shame when it came down to doing what I call, "real work!"

Sadly, about 1 year ago, the tablet ceased to function on the battery alone, and now only works when plugged via the AC adabter, thus destroying the point of a multi-function tablet/netbook as it is stationary and only does "some work" in its current chained to power outlets state. My desktop is stationary for a reason and blazing fast for when desktop work is needed. Now, I am mobile only on my HTC 8X device and lacking the rest of the Microsoft mobility ecosystem.

I need a Microsoft Surface RT to maintain my ecosystem of Desktop, HTPC, Phone, Tablet/Mobile PC solution, and to stay true to the Microsoft Signature (no bloat) which I love; and the added bonus option to personalize the touch cover to my favorite color, RED!

OR

I need the ASUS VivoTab RT, because, until MS entered the hardware industry, ASUS is the only OEM I was willing to buy a mobile computer (netbook or notebook) from and the only OEM I recommended to friends and colleagues as well, as I have been building PCs for about 10 years now and ASUS hardware is always top notch!

I need Windows RT to put this poor old netbook out to pasture/electronics recycling and get back to being super productive while mobile again and bring more and more souls back to the lightside of the OS world (and to rub the sheer awesomeness of WIndows 8/RT in the faces of my poor confused friends who purchase Android and iOS tablets for work purposes).
    Last edited by MSFTMatt; 02-22-2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: typoes

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hoping to win the ASUS VivoTab RT but I wouldn't mind the Surface either, as you may have seen, my Lenovo is running the greatest virus Microsoft has ever created, Vista..., and it's 6 years old, so as I said earlier, hoping to win. I <3 Windows and I'm hoping to try out Windows 8 RT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20130222_165629.jpg  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Because I don't have a tablet, I'll just show you all this majestic machine. When I first got her, i dubbed her Lizzie, but when she degraded to this state, my roomates took it upon themselves to rename her Frankencomputer. Its a Gateway computer from 2007 with a failing hard drive, a Dell monitor from 2004, a Dell keyboard from 2007, and a Microsoft mouse from god knows when. A Surface or VivoTab would greatly help me with school, and Windows 8 would be a great upgrade from Vista.

img_3369.jpg[CODE][/CODE]

I just need a quality built tablet that can endure torture from my everyday life , allow me to view my photo & videos through skydrive, watch a lil netflix & won't run the risk of getting glass chips caught in my 3 year old`s finger if he decides to play fruit ninja. Oh having Office out the box doesnt hurt either
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000256.jpg   wp_000254.jpg  

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    This is my old Surface RT. I need a new one because my wife is extremely upset that I didn't get her one as well for Christmas. I got us two Lumia 920s but only one Surface RT. This is a life or death situation. I hope I can win this, otherwise the children would have to suffer the consequences of a broken marriage....
    wp_20130222_001-800x450-.jpgwp_20130222_002-800x450-.jpg

wpcentral-tablet-photo-trap.jpg
    Since my tablet has proven itself to be a traitor, it needs to be replaced. Preferably with something better than a student's budget tablet for developer work :D
    unstoppablekem and geekmaster like this.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I need a REAL tablet so I don't have to take this from my son...
    wp_20130219_003.jpg

Thanks a lot NVIDIA and WPCENTRAL!
    geekmaster likes this.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    wp_20130222_002.jpg
    That's me in front of my Asus Eee PC that is still running Windows XP with a single core processor, one gig of RAM, and not much else. Note the large, blank monitor at the top of the photo. It is blank because my desktop died nearly a year ago. Note also the baby monitor at the lower right. That (and what it entails) is the reason that I've not been able to get a new computer. Throw in the fact that we've got another baby on the way, and I wont be getting a new rig in a very long time. I NEED something up to date. I've got baby pictures to post, events to plan, and grandparents that want to video chat. Won't you please help me?

Global Posts
    33,339 Global Posts
    My name is Rich and I'm a tablet addict! Right now I just have a BlackBerry PlayBook. Now mind you I have a 500 dollar playbook, NOT a firesale special. ;) But in the past I have owned an iPad, and many MANY android tablets including, but not limited too, Galaxy Tabs (several models), Nexus 7 (again a couple models), Dell Streak, Archos 5 (yea I had one of those!), and a Acer Iconia 500. However I have never had a Windows tablet. Always wanted one, even before the surface, but especially since the Surface when they finally got it right!

wp_20130222_003.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    2013-02-22-20.29.21.jpg Welp here it is, my old hp mininote 2133. It's got a 1ghz via processor in it. If that's not underpowered, i dont know what is! A windows RT tablet sure would hit the spot to refresh my dear portable computing devices!

Quote Originally Posted by the1azn8 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WPCentral Tablet Photo Trap.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	385.7 KB 
ID:	29331
    Since my tablet has proven itself to be a traitor, it needs to be replaced. Preferably with something better than a student's budget tablet for developer work :D
    oh my gosh! I love your idea :D good luck buddy.
    Thanked by:
    igorbear and Aaron Holness like this.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast