The 'Spring into TEGRA' Contest: Win a Tegra-powered Windows 8 RT Tablet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
spring-into-wpc_1.jpg
It's contest time again! With the seasons changing -- soon, we hope, as it's been a cold winter -- and spring fast approaching, we're teaming up with NVIDIA to award two Tegra-powered Windows 8 RT Tablets (1 Surface RT with keyboard and 1 ASUS VivoTab RT with keyboard dock) to a couple of lucky Windows Phone Central members.*

To enter, simply follow these three steps:

1. Take a picture of yourself with your tired and worn out netbook or tablet.
  2. Head over to the official contest thread (if you're reading this, you're already at the contest thread!)
  3. Post the picture in the thread below, AND tell us why you absolutely NEED a new Surface or ASUS VivoTab.

That's all there really is to it! So head over to the official contest thread and get your entry in. You never know… with a little luck and creativity (hint, hint!) you may end up with a brand new tablet at your front door.

* Contest closes on March 1st, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST. Winners will be selected shortly thereafter via PM and email. ONE entry per person. Contest open to all Windows Phone Central members.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Cool idea. Maybe I could get an upgrade to my old Compaq Portable. Its getting real tough to find 5 1/4 floppies anyway.

Mustng65

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
tired old tablet.jpg
As you can see from my picture my tablet is a little worn out.

Actually I have never owned a tablet or netbook. I am very excited about the new Windows 8 and Windows 8 RT OS. I could really use one of these devices to help get my self organized. I am also hoping that once I can get one of these devices I can start to developing some apps for it. I think having one of these devices would also help me to improve my overall productivity while still being able to have some fun with the entertainment features of the device.Also I would love to be able to show it off to some of my Android and Apple friends.

Thanks for considering me!
David

OmniGeorge

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
WP_000093.jpg
A worn out notebook is the best I could do; I dont have a netbook or tablet to use, but one would be a great tool I could use at my job. If you're wondering what that is, take a closer look at the photo for some clues. A little Detective work should help you solve it.

staticK78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My joke of a Toshiba tablet is on it's last leg...& :angry: I've only had it for 6 months!!! I will never own a Toshiba Tablet again & I desperately need help in replacing it as I'm still in college!! Please please please...it would match my Lumia nicely too :wink:Tab Pic.jpg

mcb155

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought my wife a surface for Christmas and I am extraordinarily jealous of her now. For the sake of all that is holy, help me save my marriage from this green eyed monster that I have become.

Tablet.jpg

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
While it's not really a netbook or tablet, here is my current "mobile" computing solution. It's the combination of 3 broken laptops, some superglue, and the plastickish back of an Oracle 10G handout notepad (it's the thing that's covering where the hard drive is) I say it is "mobile" in quotes because the battery holds close to zero charge, and it complains if i unplug the laptop from the wall. You can also see that it has some overheating problems, by the fact that the bottom case has melted and warped in numerous areas. Also, the quality of the pictures are poor, because my current mobile phone is a falling apart palm pixi. So, between a "frankentop" as I call it, and my falling apart pixi, I am in need of a new mobile solution!!

PIXI2012-12-11-081610.jpgPIXI2013-02-21-111525.jpg

edit: wow, what a coincidence. I have a falling apart (well, made from multiple laptops that did fall apart) toshiba laptop, and staticK78 has a failing toshiba tablet...

jonathanlahdo

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
WP_000154.jpg I'm in need of a tablet that can access Facebook without crashing after each scroll. Also, a tablet that can TRULY & ACTUALLY display HD content (this is the iPad 2)

Ad3kA

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
WP_20130221_009.jpg
So this here is my 5 year old laptop. She was my only mobile device, except for my Windows Phone.
She was loud, energy hungry and had only Windows Vista on it. But I did love her anyway.
Last month she did die down. May she rest in peace.

I had to move on, but my wallet wouldn't let another on in my life. It did say, "No, you can't. You will only hurt yourself and me, too. I'm already so thin."
So I searched for a way to get a new mobile computer, without hurting my wallet. So I stumbled on this contest and thought, "Hey, this could solve my problem!"
So why not me? I would be extremly happy and my wallet would be grateful, too.

So please, consider me.

Christopher

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
How about editing the subject and text so that they are actually true? There is no such thing as a Tegra powered Windows 8 tablet. What you are giving away are Windows RT tablets. Leaving all other obvious things aside, the fact that the names of the products both include RT should probably have been a clue. Windows 8 and Windows RT may have a similar look and feel but they are not the same OS. You would think that the community manager for Mobile Nations would know there is a huge difference. Quite frankly, this is downright embarrassing.

Seth Chastain

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
WP_20130221_002.jpg

As you can see I am still using a old school note pad Tablet. It's still in version 1.1. The last time that this was upgraded was in the early 1900's when they added lines. The resolution is 8 bit or what every color pens I happen to have, mostly just red, blue or black. The good news is that the battery lasts forever, because it has none. It does have a good screen size 8.5" X 11".

The worst part is that it's memory is not reusable once a space has been used it can not be reused, and once it's all used up I have to go buy a whole new pad.

The apps for it are very limited. It comes with Notes, Paint and Doodle. I can play Paper Waist Basket Toss, but I have to clean up all of my misses and it uses up the memory. It takes hand writing, but it can not be read by another user, unless the user goes through many hours of training.

As you can see I am in need of an upgrade. Please, please please consider me for one of the free tablets. If I win I know that my productivity will increase 10 fold (I can't fold even one page of my current tablet this many times.)

Thank you,

Last edited:

frompty

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Here's my trusty ol' tablet.

Pros:
  • Light Weight
  • Great Battery Life
  • Inexpensive
Cons:
  • Very limited storage
  • No multimedia support
  • Resolution could be better
  • Game selection is limited, slow, and sometimes repetitive.
  • Not that many accessories available...
  • Lack of interactivity
  • Doesn't sync my work to my computer

This tablet has served me pretty well for several years now, but I think I might be due for an upgrade. Working with my PC and my Windows Phone, I think the Surface Tablet would be a perfect bridge between the two! Please help.

WP_000601.jpg

EvilBagheadMan

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
WP_20130221_001.jpg

This is (or was) my iPad2. I purchased it with a bonus that I gotten from my company and soon after that (after doing the set up and everything), my children absconded with it. My wife has also laid claim to my Windows 8 Laptop leaving me with my Lumia 822 that still has not been updated to Portico. When I do get my tablet back, it comes back sheathed in a layer of what I can only describe as 'Kid Filth'. Those of you who have kids know what I am talking about, they must exude it through their skin like frogs. Anyway, I need to get my own tablet so I can truly sever the ties with the iPad and my Windows 8 Laptop... I would love to have this as 'my own'. Please help this father's dream come true.

daddyex12

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
picture008.jpg
My now-dead- motorola tablet cannot help me with my job everyday. and now i NEED a windows 8 tablet that can help me get organized and sync everything i have in my wp 7.8.
plzzzz. w8 tablet could save my life and keep me informed with #
wpcentral.

Metrosity

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've recently lost my job and I'm currently looking for a new one which means I need a computer/tablet to job search (I tried using my phone but the website I'm mandated to use is the biggest heap of ****e going) but my Vista era laptop decided to be a funny bugger and shuffle of his mortal coil (is there a computer heaven?)

So I'm left with a dead laptop shell and mounting piles of debt, yay! Go me! Save me WPCentral (and Nvidia), you're my only hope.

WP_20130221 2.jpgWP_20130221.jpgWP_20130221 3.jpgWP_20130221 4.jpgWP_20130221 5.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs