MLB at Bat has been pulled from the Windows Phone Store

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
mlb-at-bat-lumia-635-hero.jpg

Major League Baseball has now pulled the Windows Phone version of the MLB at Bat app from the Windows Phone Store. We previously reported that the app would not be updated for the upcoming 2015 baseball season.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

wplust

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Wow. Major apps leaving WP. Bank apps, now MLB. What's the likelihood they are going to come back for Windows 10?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

knightblaze

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I could have sworn that they released a new app recently and now are pulling them? Not that I care, but I'm sure sport minded individuals will be upset.

Rob Rowland

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
This lack of an update to this app this year was the final straw for me. After 3 years with Windows phone I switched back to an iPhone.
I'm not convinced windows 10 is the answer with its unified apps. In theory they could reach a lot more people if every desktop used the same app as phones and tablets. BUT, if I have a desktop why would I want to use a crippled app over a full fledged Web site? So now we're back to Windows phones and tablets which there just aren't a lot of compared to Apple and Android. Maybe I'm in the minority here. I loved my windows phones and I do hope the apps come and when they do I'll be back in a heart beat. Until then, my hard earned money will go to the device and service that meets my needs and wants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsbharath1987

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Some people really do miss apps and services that aren't there on WP yet. The poster above has said they do like WP and that they will be back "in a heartbeat" if those apps were to come to WP. I think it's a fair choice.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that use of premium features requires a subscription. MLB.com At Bat | MLB.com: Mobile
At Bat offers two subscription options for its extensive premium features, covering live MLB games from Spring Training to Opening Day to the World Series.

Yearly recurring fee of $19.99.
Monthly recurring fee of $2.99.
MLB.TV Premium subscribers receive At Bat premium features for free.

If someone is paying for that subscription but cannot use it, it would not be unreasonable for him/her to switch to a device that allows him/her to use those paid features.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You switch back to iPhone because a few companies stopped support for an app?? Really? Lol

Sure I will, if it's an app I want/need. I'm not sure what's so strange about that.

Not that this helps the current situation, but something interesting happened a couple years ago. When Google released Jelly Bean, the live streaming was broken in the MLB At Bat app. I could use every other part of the app including audio live streaming, but video live streaming didn't work. I carried 2 phones at the time: a WP and an Android. In spite of the fact that the Android was my primary device, I used my WP for watching MLB games!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Just don't understand the people who can not make it through the day with an app on their phones. Doesn't effect me one bit that someone goes to another platform and I encourage people to make that move. Cortana gives me what ever sports score I want. Just because MLB discontinued support on their app? Wow. Different generation I guess. There will always be people out there that cant make it through a day without an app telling them when to change their underwear. (that last comment was meant as a joke so. . .)

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just don't understand the people who can not make it through the day with an app on their phones. Doesn't effect me one bit that someone goes to another platform and I encourage people to make that move. Cortana gives me what ever sports score I want. Just because MLB discontinued support on their app? Wow. Different generation I guess. There will always be people out there that cant make it through a day without an app telling them when to change their underwear. (that last comment was meant as a joke so. . .)

Don't get me wrong; I understand your point. The flip side is to ask why a person would use a smartphone that is not capable of allowing the user to do what he/she wants to do. For me, one of the reasons I pay (a lot!) for an expensive phone and its accompanying expensive data plan is so I can do things like watch MLB on the go. My experience is being compromised if I'm spending the money but yet am not able to do what I'd like to do. I might as well get a feature phone with low cost service.

We also need to keep in mind that we all have different interests, and we use our phones differently. If I don't use MLB At Bat or Bank of America or whatever other missing apps are in the spotlight, I tend to minimize the vacancy and I don't understand why it makes a difference. I might not feel the so called "app gap", but someone else does. Just because it doesn't apply to me doesn't mean it's not there, or that I should not understand why someone else might feel compelled to leave.

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Don't get me wrong; I understand your point. The flip side is to ask why a person would use a smartphone that is not capable of allowing the user to do what he/she wants to do. For me, one of the reasons I pay (a lot!) for an expensive phone and its accompanying expensive data plan is so I can do things like watch MLB on the go. My experience is being compromised if I'm spending the money but yet am not able to do what I'd like to do. I might as well get a feature phone with low cost service.

We also need to keep in mind that we all have different interests, and we use our phones differently. If I don't use MLB At Bat or Bank of America or whatever other missing apps are in the spotlight, I tend to minimize the vacancy and I don't understand why it makes a difference. I might not feel the so called "app gap", but someone else does. Just because it doesn't apply to me doesn't mean it's not there, or that I should not understand why someone else might feel compelled to leave.

It's a shame that you can't like a comment more than once. Well stated.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
One person I know who uses MLB at Bat travels for his job. He has a subscription so he is able to watch his favorite team's games wherever he is at. He cannot watch those games on TV, since they're not on TV out of town.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
At Bat 2014 still works on my Lumia 822. I have been using it with the $20. subscription that provides live audio (but not "live" video), for the pre season games. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that.

Certainly, there are many left over features from the 2014 season, that will give the doomsday people plenty to comment about, and the app has always been less than perfect, but I've been using it to follow the preseason games.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb