WPcentral app for WP8 ...

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
First of all im not sure that this is the right category for this post, hope an admin move it to the right place.

Now ... I should say that im too frustrated about the fact that we can get the WPcentral app for FREE on iOS ... While i need to pay for it on windows phone. Not sure if this was some kind of strategy but for an end user, i find this frustrating and depressing. I had the chance to try the full version of the app on WP, and let me say that its amazing, yet its the price, and the fact that other OSs can get it for free.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
What?! I don't think the official WPC app is available on iPhone. You must be seeing a copycat version.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
There is no full WPCentral app on iOS. What you are seeing is a tapatalk re-skin app which provides access to our forums only.

Our app on Windows Phone 8 features full forum integration included in the free version (the trial which never expires it simply has adverts) therefore I would argue that you are getting exactly the same experience for free if not better, as I had to code the entire forum engine and user interface myself as it's not possible to simply skin a default Tapatalk app in Windows Phone. That interface and engine has been designed for speed and to continue the Windows Phone user experience, but writing the entire thing from the ground up takes time, effort, and a lot of banging your head against the desk whilst fighting with the XML-RPC interface that Tapatalk utilises.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh ... So the iOS version is not official.
If that's the case and the WP trial version never expires, only add-based, then I'm sorry about this post, I think that I misunderstood this.

The WP version as I said is great. Great job bringing the news with the forums in such a nice interface.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Jay does such a great job with this app that it should be on the starter app list for WP, if it isn't already. It is more than worth the buy.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Oh ... So the iOS version is not official.
If that's the case and the WP trial version never expires, only add-based, then I'm sorry about this post, I think that I misunderstood this.

The WP version as I said is great. Great job bringing the news with the forums in such a nice interface.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

It's official in that it's released by our Mobile Nations contingent as they paid for a big big license for iOS tapatalk, but it doesn't bring down news and is only for forums access.

Totally understand your confusion though which is why it was worth my time to give you a full answer, absolutely nothing to apologise for and thanks for the question :)

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Quick question, I am unable to sign into the app using Microsoft account credentials which is the obvious choice of creating an account for wpcentral.

kucu

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
There is no full WPCentral app on iOS. What you are seeing is a tapatalk re-skin app which provides access to our forums only.
(.....)
Our app on Windows Phone 8 features full forum integration included in the free version (the trial which never expires it simply has adverts)

On Android we could download free version without adverts. I really don`t understand why you can`t provide full free version (without adverts) of your app for windows phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa