Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jay Bennett
  • 1 Post By Twitter@Firas_MD
  1.    #1  
    First of all im not sure that this is the right category for this post, hope an admin move it to the right place.

Now ... I should say that im too frustrated about the fact that we can get the WPcentral app for FREE on iOS ... While i need to pay for it on windows phone. Not sure if this was some kind of strategy but for an end user, i find this frustrating and depressing. I had the chance to try the full version of the app on WP, and let me say that its amazing, yet its the price, and the fact that other OSs can get it for free.

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitter@Firas_MD View Post
    I should say that im too frustrated about the fact that we can get the WPcentral app for FREE on iOS ...
    The official app with all the features we have on Windows Phone?
    Thanked by:
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    What?! I don't think the official WPC app is available on iPhone. You must be seeing a copycat version.
    Thanked by:
    Resident Developer

There is no full WPCentral app on iOS. What you are seeing is a tapatalk re-skin app which provides access to our forums only.

Our app on Windows Phone 8 features full forum integration included in the free version (the trial which never expires it simply has adverts) therefore I would argue that you are getting exactly the same experience for free if not better, as I had to code the entire forum engine and user interface myself as it's not possible to simply skin a default Tapatalk app in Windows Phone. That interface and engine has been designed for speed and to continue the Windows Phone user experience, but writing the entire thing from the ground up takes time, effort, and a lot of banging your head against the desk whilst fighting with the XML-RPC interface that Tapatalk utilises.
    Thanked by:
    Chregu likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Oh ... So the iOS version is not official.
    If that's the case and the WP trial version never expires, only add-based, then I'm sorry about this post, I think that I misunderstood this.

The WP version as I said is great. Great job bringing the news with the forums in such a nice interface.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    Chregu likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    What?! I don't think the official WPC app is available on iPhone. You must be seeing a copycat version.
    that is the case in afraid, thank you for passing by.

Global Posts
    6,902 Global Posts
    Jay does such a great job with this app that it should be on the starter app list for WP, if it isn't already. It is more than worth the buy.
    Resident Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Twitter@Firas_MD View Post
    Oh ... So the iOS version is not official.
    If that's the case and the WP trial version never expires, only add-based, then I'm sorry about this post, I think that I misunderstood this.

The WP version as I said is great. Great job bringing the news with the forums in such a nice interface.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    It's official in that it's released by our Mobile Nations contingent as they paid for a big big license for iOS tapatalk, but it doesn't bring down news and is only for forums access.

Totally understand your confusion though which is why it was worth my time to give you a full answer, absolutely nothing to apologise for and thanks for the question :)
    Thanked by:

Quick question, I am unable to sign into the app using Microsoft account credentials which is the obvious choice of creating an account for wpcentral.

Forget it. Got it to work, by changing password.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Nokia View Post
    Quick question, I am unable to sign into the app using Microsoft account credentials which is the obvious choice of creating an account for wpcentral.
    I'm unable to login to the app using Microsoft Credentials. How do I log in?

Problem solved. Evidently, my username is not my email address.
    Timmay!

Nokia Lumia Icon (White)
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bennett View Post
    There is no full WPCentral app on iOS. What you are seeing is a tapatalk re-skin app which provides access to our forums only.
    (.....)
    Our app on Windows Phone 8 features full forum integration included in the free version (the trial which never expires it simply has adverts)
    On Android we could download free version without adverts. I really don`t understand why you can`t provide full free version (without adverts) of your app for windows phone.