Marketplace: Error whilst updating WPCentral app and having to re-purchase

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've decided to make this thread myself as there have been a lot of people contacting me through the app's support channels.
If you receive a marketplace error whilst updating the app and then find that you're not able to install it as you're asked to purchase it again this is an error with Microsoft's purchase history.

Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing that we personally can do to help you, but we can tell you what to do to start resolving the problem:

1. Got to billing.microsoft.com and check to see if the app is in your purchase history
  2. If it is not, contact Microsoft billing support immediately and say that it appears to have been lost
  3. Either pay for the app again and ask for a refund of that second purchase or wait for your purchase history to be fixed by Microsoft

My understanding is that Microsoft can tell if you've bought it in the past even if it's somehow vanished from your purchase history and should be able to solve the issue for you.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Okay Jay T my problem is not that its asking to repurchase I get error code c101a7d1 and I've tried turning off and back on and restarting the 920 and deleting internet history all to no avail. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? or what?

billionair

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Well I still see the app purchase in my transaction history and it still requested payment upon a reinstall. But honestly I almost exclusively use the app and it's only $1 so I will happily pay again. I would pay $1 not to deal with support people to get a refund anyways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes