WindowsCentral app Network error

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys from yesterday I am getting network error in the app

I reinstalled the app many times done soft reset too still the same error

I have attached the screenshot of the error I am getting.
Anyone have any solution for it and anyone else facing this issue
I have L520 running WP8.1+ Denim

P.S: My net is working properly checked on 3G and Wi-Fi still the same.

Checked on 2 different Wi-Fi network too still the same

Attachments

• wp_ss_20141220_0044.png
    wp_ss_20141220_0044.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 4
  • wp_ss_20141220_0045.png
    wp_ss_20141220_0045.png
    32 KB · Views: 3

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the same thing. I just refresh or reload the page and it goes away.

On a somewhat related note, I'm on the latest dev preview.. and ever since the last update, I've noticed my wifi connectivity has been very poor. I was thinking this was why I'm getting the above mentioned network errors.. but maybe not.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Yaa same i got this error after denim update(as latest dev preview and denim is having same OS version) i am also thinking now this is due to latest OS update.
Refresh or reload method is not working for me.
it's good to know i am not the only one facing this issue.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have been getting this error for a while now (after the latest update (not Denim)) and it's a real bummer since I can't keep up to date as much as I like.

Info:

Code:
User Comments:
<Add any extra detail you'd like to here, or you can hit send now, the technical information below will help>

=Parameter Dictionary=
version : 4.6.1.1023
trial : False
deviceInfo : NOKIA RM-940_nam_att_200

=Auto Generated Technical Detail=

12/19/2014 6:23:09 PM - CRITICAL
StackTrace:
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at WPCentral.CustomSetupPage.Finish(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(Control ctrl, EventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName)
--------------------------

Bug reporting provided by the WPClogger

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have been getting this error for a while now (after the latest update (not Denim)) and it's a real bummer since I can't keep up to date as much as I like.

Info:

Code:
User Comments:
<Add any extra detail you'd like to here, or you can hit send now, the technical information below will help>

=Parameter Dictionary=
version : 4.6.1.1023
trial : False
deviceInfo : NOKIA RM-940_nam_att_200

=Auto Generated Technical Detail=

12/19/2014 6:23:09 PM - CRITICAL
StackTrace:
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at WPCentral.CustomSetupPage.Finish(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(Control ctrl, EventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName)
--------------------------

Bug reporting provided by the WPClogger

after denim update i had got this issue in app

Code:
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]

<Add any extra detail you'd like to here, or you can hit send now, the technical information below will help>[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]=Parameter Dictionary=[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]version : 4.6.1.1023[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]trial : False[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]OS : 8.10.14219.0[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]deviceInfo : NOKIA RM-914_im_india_269[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]=Auto Generated Technical Detail=[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]12/20/2014 12:54:46 PM - CRITICAL[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]Message: String reference not set to an instance of a String.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]Parameter name: s[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]StackTrace: [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]   at System.Text.Encoding.GetBytes(String s)[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]   at WPCentral.Forums.Page.AccountPage.getRecent()[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]   at WPCentral.Forums.Page.AccountPage.AccountPage_loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]   at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(Int32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName)[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]--------------------------[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]Bug reporting provided by the WPClogger

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, This is a difficult one for me as I don't have access to Denim on any of my device. I will look and see if I can get hold of a Denim device to find out what changed and hopefully get back to you. Obviously it's tough as it is a network code failure and is working ok for me on all devices I've tried.

To rule out something that has occurred before: could you all please indicate what region settings you have for your phone? Including language and timezone. Thanks

Rev1979

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Get the error too on the app on both wifi or phone network when checking windows central links, no problem on external links.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, This is a difficult one for me as I don't have access to Denim on any of my device. I will look and see if I can get hold of a Denim device to find out what changed and hopefully get back to you. Obviously it's tough as it is a network code failure and is working ok for me on all devices I've tried.

To rule out something that has occurred before: could you all please indicate what region settings you have for your phone? Including language and timezone. Thanks
I have L520 and its language is English(India) region is set to India and Time Zone is (UTC +5:30) Kolkata,Mumbai

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI, I was getting the issue on Cyan, I do not have Denim yet (US English on AT&T).

Good news is, the app started working last night, so I am able to get in and see news and forums.

The live tile stopped resetting for me, but I fixed that by turning the live tile off then on in settings.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Just FYI, I was getting the issue on Cyan, I do not have Denim yet (US English on AT&T).

Good news is, the app started working last night, so I am able to get in and see news and forums.

The live tile stopped resetting for me, but I fixed that by turning the live tile off then on in settings.

No luck for me the issue is still there checked on my bro who have L520 running dev preview and on my friend L920 with cyan on their device it is working fine with no issue at all so I'm sure now this is due to denim update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster