So apparently it has been 5 months since windows central's own app was updated. When is the ETA for

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Considering how we are pointing fingers towards apps like instagram etc. We still don't have a perfect app. Current one is limited in ways and the UI is definitely outdated. I wish 🌠 there is a new design in the works.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to appropriate forum...

Our Admins and Techs are way more likely to see this here than in Ask a Question. In my experience they patrol these forums quite regularly.

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Yea I agree with you.. Its been long time! I need option to customize which news I wanna read since long time! Come on windows central, time to update your app!!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What exactly is outdated about the UI? It remains one of the best UI's on any Windows Phone app that I've used.

Not only that, but the fact that it hasn't had any major bugs that warrant a significant update is 5 months is a testimony to the quality of the app. Not a testimony to a lackluster developer.

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They said months ago the app was updating soon to support the new website functions. Also the UI isn't the best It pretty basic. It shows way more when trying to use the forums on this app. Not saying we need a whole rewrite, just something to add functions from the website and a more functioning forum for the app.

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
What exactly is outdated about the UI? It remains one of the best UI's on any Windows Phone app that I've used.

Not only that, but the fact that it hasn't had any major bugs that warrant a significant update is 5 months is a testimony to the quality of the app. Not a testimony to a lackluster developer.
Going by that logic, I could say the same for Instagram. I certainly never faced a bug, "its UI remains one of the best UI's on any Windows Phone app that I've used". We should have kept using XP because it had good functionality and .... "its UI remains one of the best UI's in the desktop market". See the result of that change now.
Heck even the wincentral website went under some UI changes last year I guess. In your opinion that shouldn't have happened then.
It was never about the "lackluster" developer, in my opinion not only wincentral but all apps should reflect new design codes as the OS progresses. Imagine this, 2-3 years on, nothing's changed, would you be still happy with the same functionality. It has limited functions, for example the weekly photo contest, I am unable to see photographs in that post and have to open up browser. Comment section in daily news is confusing since sometimes there is now way who commented under whom or who was that person replying to. You may be satisfied with it, but even you have got to agree with the limitations.

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Also there are some bugs...in the app...
1.after setting notification on lock screen for this app...it doesn't show any notifications on lock screen...please remove this bug...
2.some times passport validation fails...

anon(9023697)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm having trouble running the Windows Central app on Windows 10 build 10041. It starts loading and then crashes. So there is definitely a bug there for me.
Is there a known issue to fix this or a link to where I can submit this error?
Thanks Adam

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Dying for the return of landscape modes. I have formed the opinion that the dev, Jay, may have wandered to new pastures. Hope not, he was really receptive and eager to please.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Please, no hamburger menu! Microsoft isn't actually forcing developers to use the awkward hamburger in the apps. Let's focus on usability.

Just my thoughts.
Best wishes.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm having trouble running the Windows Central app on Windows 10 build 10041. It starts loading and then crashes. So there is definitely a bug there for me.
Is there a known issue to fix this or a link to where I can submit this error?
Thanks Adam

Take exception to your opinion that this is a but. This app was written and optimized for Win 8 and not Win 10. I'm sure that any bugs will be updated when Win 10 is formally introduced and our guys have time to update the new capabilities.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Even the site does not render well on mobile. Always a pain to view in browser.

I've never liked visiting the site on any browser. Too confusing. The Windows Phone app is, has been, the very best experience. I hope it isn't downgraded with hamburger menus, so the apple and goggle people will be able to understand how to interact with it. I suspect they are smart enough to know what an ellipse is, or could research it.

Again, just my opinion.
Best Wishes.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I really dong care for the forum aspect of the app tbh. The forums experience is just.....not as good as I want it to be.

The articles however are fine. I hope they don't follow trends and start doing the hamburger menus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720