Compute Stick For Xbox One Streaming?

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Given that the heavy lifting of Xbox One streaming is done on the Xbox, do you think a Compute Stick would work for Xbox One streaming?
The Xbox is in the family room (downstairs) and the Mrs. and I would like to do some gaming in bed (upstairs).
We have two Xbox 360 controllers, and the USB receiver, that could be connected to the stick.
We would just connect it to our bedroom TV.

Has anyone used one of these, for this purpose?
If I could pick one up for ~$100, that would rock.
JJ

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You could pick one up from Amazon, see how it goes and if you don't like it just send it back :winktongue: .

I have only tried streaming on laptops and a PC all which are spec heavy compared to light weight streaming sticks. I was due to get one this month to turn the living room TV into a proper smart TV (to replace the dire experience of a cumbersome opera o/s on the Sony Bravia) but budget cuts... means it's been cut for the time being.

It's really straight forward and you can just sign into just the xbox app, leave the user as a local account.

two things to bear in mind, would be the WiFi strength and the congestion in the WiFi space as that will reduce bandwidth + increase latency.

Personally I would say wait awhile until PC sticks start rolling out with the creators update as that update enables you to completely lock down the OS and have users only install apps from the store.

Which makes sense if your going to proceed to use the PC stick in essence to turn your TV into a smart TV :grin:.

Edit: Looks like someone has read your mind :grin:

http://www.windowscentral.com/must-have-accessories-your-pc-stick

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered the 8" tablet that the Microsoft Store has on sale for $69.
It has the same x5 chip that many compute sticks have, so we'll see.
It's cheaper and can be used with or without the TV.
JJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077