No Windows Hello in Settings

Toussaint Jongen

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
So,

I believe this has been asked once or twice but I could not find a satisfying answer nor here or on Google/Microsoft webpages.
Recently I have bought a brand new laptop including the Intel RealSense camera system for the Windows Hello Feature. I started the laptop, which was still on Windows 8.1 and updated it right away to Windows 10. Then I wanted to set up the Windows Hello feature, but it does not show in my settings. It is in Dutch, however it only shows the options Password, Pincode and Image password. Does anybody know how to enable this function? I would be very grateful!

Sing in options.jpg

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: No Windwos Hello in Settings

The RealSense cam is built in?

Check your OEM site and Intel site for new driver packages?

Myh Yazid

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

Yeah same as mine... as i have searched for the answers across the web..i couldn't find the right answer... I cant even enroll fingerprints to be use with my Windows 10 PC...there is no option for Fingerprint or Windows Hello...

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

If I remember correctly, you have set up a pincode for this to appear as an option...

Toussaint Jongen

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Yes of course, I bought the notebook specifically for this (or I liked the feature). It is working, because I have the Intel programm which you can play around with it. But not in the Windows Settings...

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone had any success getting Windows Hello to appear? I've got a Realsense camera and a 4th generation processor (Surface Pro 3). I've gotten the camera to work with the samples in the SDK but still don't see Windows Hello available.

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Ah, thank you, that did it! I couldn't find the 1.4 version of the DCM, only 1.3 was on Intel's actual download site.
Interestingly enough, I just spent an hour on the phone with Microsoft Support who told me even with the required hardware, it wasn't supported on the Surface Pro 3 yet. Guess they were wrong. :)

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The realsense camera is only a feature on the new yoga 15. It uses a 3 camera system and if your camera layout does not look like the below picture you do not have it.
realsense.jpg

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
It uses a 3 camera system and if your camera layout does not look like the below picture you do not have it.

I helped my mom upgrade her Toshiba Satellite last week and downloaded a lot of the Windows 10 updates from their website. I don't remember the webcam model, but it was definitely not the realsense camera. Toshiba had a face recognition software that I installed just to see what it was like. Once set up, it did add a new login option to the welcome screen, but the settings didn't indicate any sort of Windows Hello option.

The facial recognition software from Toshiba required aligning your face to a framed outline onscreen and slowly swiveling your head left and right, up and down, and associating this captured facial recognition with your password. I suppose the three lenses of the realsense camera eliminate the need for the head movement?

Cmdan

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, I created a pin as instructed but still have no option to sign in to Hello, and cannot find an answer to this anywhere

sugesh sg

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

At first you just create a pin and restart your computer.Check whether the hello option is there or not.

If you had not found there,you should check the camera driver properly installed in your laptop and make it as default.

Thanks.

sugesh sg

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

The default user may be not have administrative rights.Pls As follows the bellow steps.

Step1: Open Control pannel and choose administrative tools.Select computer management From there.
Step2:Select the users from the Local Users and groups
Step3:Rightclick ADMINISTRATOR and click properties and remove the check mark from the option "Account is disabled"
step 4:Set a password for the administrator account
step5:Logoff and login with administrator account
Step6:Choose windows hellow from the sign in option

Thanks.

SteVae

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
why is there not more being done to help people fix this problem?????? it makes no sense to have a thread like this on here, if no one is going to actually do the work to find out from M$ how to fix this problem. THIS SHOULD NOT BE A ROOT CANAL!!!! i have been on the phone with the so called windows tech's at M$ for hours, and they are the most UNINFORMED group that i have ever had to deal with. these are NOT techs. they are answer desk people, reading from a question board, to give formed answers. you can tell they do not have a clue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb