When will Hello be improved

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had the 950XL since launch. Windows Hello is not reliable. It's way too finicky with lighting, angle, etc. I know it's beta, but haven't heard anything about any reliability improvements planned, only Windows 10 features added. I think reliability need fixed first, at least for Mobile. Any thoughts!

Nelle Douville

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
It works every time for me, at least in regular light. I had to hold it about 12 inches away for it to scan me initially. Now I hold it at that distance and ignore any 'move closer' instruction on the phone, and poof... unlocked.

dnasmith5

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I wear bifocal glasses and I have to make sure I look at it through the top part of the glasses. It is weird because the phone looks bleary to me when it unlocks. It doesn't seem to like a lot of lighting that shines off my glasses so if it is having trouble I just quickly remove my glasses and it works every time.

Jim

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Sadly it's slower on 950 XL in the Redstone Insider builds because we have to wait for the smile to blink at us before unlocking. It came as a surprise just how much faster it is on TH2. Hopefully they will fix it but i'm afraid it's a active decision to make it like that.

Sent from mTalk

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the 950xl and use to have issues. But now, i align the center of the phone with my left eye, maintaining about 12 inches, and it works very well.

On my SP4, it's magical.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
It works fast and realiably enough for me. But the more you train it, the better it works.

Sure, it could be faster, but I don't think they're aiming at quick-draw contests. Personally, I'd love to see them implement Hello logins throughout the OS. And use it to login to anything with a password. This is the promised Windows Passport thing from pre launch videos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise