What games are you playing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Since my PC doesn't have the best performance I usually focus on "older", less hardware demanding games (since I can max out the graphic settings).
Currently I'm playing two nice action-adventures that could be akin to Legend of Zelda and Prince of Persia: Darksiders & Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

I already own both of them for PS3 but since I now kinda prefer playing games on my PC (since most games support gamepads now) I couldn't resist when they were on sale on Steam (5€ for Enslaved, should be on sale until friday 11/14; ~9€ for Darksiders Franchise Pack during Halloween sale).
On PS3 I beat Enslaved but got stuck at some point in Darksiders. Both are on my list of favorite games.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh Gee.....PayPal and Steam will be my doom :unhappysweat:

I already finished Enslaved (~7h on easy, only played it for the story/atmosphere) but didn't really continue playing Darksiders (~4h in the game). Instead I went on a little shopping spree on Steam (Batman Arkham Asylum GotY, Mass Effect, Psychonauts, The Wolf among us, A New Beginning - Final Cut) :-(

Currently playing:

gamesbanners.jpg

Batman Arkham Asylum GotY Edition (want to enjoy the story again before finally starting Arkham City & Origins)
Diablo 3 - RoS (still; can't stop improving my chars^^)
Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning (still one of my favorite action-RPGs, already finished it 99.9999999....999999% on my X360, I've seen everything, don't know why I keep playing it^^)
The Wolf among us [Episode 1-5] (was on sale for under 10€, as a fan of the comics - Fables - I had to get it)

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Still playing some Torchlight 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 occasionally.

I also reinstalled Titanfall. I'm liking that Frontier Defense (Coop) mode. It can get pretty challenging. Players always seem to leave the lobby straight after the game though which isn't ideal.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The Wolf Among Us took over all my attention and I finished the first play-through in 7.4h (I think I played it on 3 days max.).

Great story (not going into detail here because the story is essential for adventure games), fantastic graphics style (I really love it), nice soundtrack (the opening theme is a really catchy tune).

For those of you who want to play it but aren't sure if you need to know anything about the comics: there's no knowledge required and it doesn't give you that much advantage if you already know the characters. In fact, I - as someone who read the comics passionately - found myself making some wrong decisions based on what I already know about the character's personalities.

I usually don't rewatch crime movies because the story is essential and watching them again takes away the suspense and curiosity. But this one is huge exception for me. I will definitely play the game again to test out all the different decisions (might take a while though).

If you're into comics, fantasy and crime you should definitely give it a shot.

And if you'll excuse me, I have to start the game again^^

Last edited:

Andrei Dorin

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Just finished Devil may Cry (5) and I can say it was a good game .
It was my first hack and slash game and I can say I finished it in 8 hours and I died 5 times in 19 missions .

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Just finished Devil may Cry (5) and I can say it was a good game .
It was my first hack and slash game and I can say I finished it in 8 hours and I died 5 times in 19 missions .

If you liked DmC and are interested in the genre you might want to take a look at - of course - the other Devil May Cry parts of the series, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden (although it's a bit on the hard side, but always fair). Those are similarly fast. There are "slower" games of that genre, like Onimusha, God of War, Heavenly Sword (the last 3 titles are exclusive to PS1-3, except Onimusha 3 which can be found for PC), Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1+2, maybe Darksiders 1+2 (which are more Zelda-esque).

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for the Steam Sale, so I can pick up some games I won't finish. I bought The Elder Scrolls Anthology (all games and DLC) for $12 from Best Buy during Black Friday sales, so I'll probably go through at least the last 2 games at some point. I'd like to pick up the compilation releases of the last 2 Fallout games during the Steam sale as well, and maybe get through them. Finally, now that I have a Play & Charge for my One controller, I might use it to finish up Dishonored, which I haven't touched in almost 10 months.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting for the Steam Sale, so I can pick up some games I won't finish. I bought The Elder Scrolls Anthology (all games and DLC) for $12 from Best Buy during Black Friday sales, so I'll probably go through at least the last 2 games at some point. I'd like to pick up the compilation releases of the last 2 Fallout games during the Steam sale as well, and maybe get through them. Finally, now that I have a Play & Charge for my One controller, I might use it to finish up Dishonored, which I haven't touched in almost 10 months.

Only two more days....then the great Lord GabeN will slay our wallets again :grin:

Elder Scrolls Anthology for only $12??? o_O The only one I could find on the German site of Amazon was a UK import for ~30€, every other third-party supplier sells them for ~70€ or even more. Lucky you!^^
You can check out three total conversion mods for Morrowind (Skywind, not released yet, afaik), Oblivion (Nehrim, released) and Enderal (Skyrim, not released yet but should be available during 2015).
At least the last two make the games a complete new experience (new story/quests, etc.). Don't know very much about Skywind, only heard about it.
Wait, what? You play a first person shooter with a controller on PC? o_O You're of a rare kind, sir^^

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The Elder Scrolls Anthology - Windows - Best Buy

That was on-sale at Best Buy for $15 during Black Friday, and their GCU membership gets you another 20% off new games, so I got an extra $3 off, making it $12.

Meanwhile, the Steam Sale looks like a giant dud, for now. The Flash Sales have gone from every 8 hours (9 games/days) to every 12 hours (6 games/day), and the Community Vote sales have gone from every 8 hours (9/day) to every 24 hours (3/day). On top of that, the Daily Deals are now listed as "Featured Deals," and the timer is 48 hours, not 24 hours, meaning there's a chance we'll see the "Yesterday's Deals" die out, leaving these Featured Deals to cycle every 2 days instead, meaning half of the "Featured Deals" that we've had in the past (though that might be a bit of an extreme worry right now).

Anyway, the sales today suck anyway, nothing to even lightly consider.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The Elder Scrolls Anthology - Windows - Best Buy

That was on-sale at Best Buy for $15 during Black Friday, and their GCU membership gets you another 20% off new games, so I got an extra $3 off, making it $12.

Meanwhile, the Steam Sale looks like a giant dud, for now. The Flash Sales have gone from every 8 hours (9 games/days) to every 12 hours (6 games/day), and the Community Vote sales have gone from every 8 hours (9/day) to every 24 hours (3/day). On top of that, the Daily Deals are now listed as "Featured Deals," and the timer is 48 hours, not 24 hours, meaning there's a chance we'll see the "Yesterday's Deals" die out, leaving these Featured Deals to cycle every 2 days instead, meaning half of the "Featured Deals" that we've had in the past (though that might be a bit of an extreme worry right now).

Anyway, the sales today suck anyway, nothing to even lightly consider.

Nice deal. Have fun with the games ;-)

Yeah, not impressed either so far. But give it some time, it lasts 2 more weeks ;-)

I just don't have a good overview and I'm worried that I might miss out on some deals. Not very organized, IMO.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Started playing the first Mass Effect on PC yesterday....I have a feeling that the X360 version looked much better (no wonder, I can only get up to 720p on PC while the X360 version supports 1080p). And how could I miss those ugly black bars on top and bottom of the screen? And no achievements either if you play it on Steam -_- Glad I only paid 2€ for it but still.....I would rather play it on my X360 if it wasn't for that "import your savegame into Mass Effect 2 & 3" feature.
Still fun, though.

Scratch that cursive sentence.....just found the very, very translucent arrows for scrolling the list with the available resolutions (damnit, those are almost hidden). No black bars now and wonderful 1080p. Should look much better now.

Last edited:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Started playing the first Mass Effect on PC yesterday....I have a feeling that the X360 version looked much better (no wonder, I can only get up to 720p on PC while the X360 version supports 1080p). And how could I miss those ugly black bars on top and bottom of the screen? And no achievements either if you play it on Steam -_- Glad I only paid 2€ for it but still.....I would rather play it on my X360 if it wasn't for that "import your savegame into Mass Effect 2 & 3" feature.
Still fun, though.

Scratch that cursive sentence.....just found the very, very translucent arrows for scrolling the list with the available resolutions (damnit, those are almost hidden). No black bars now and wonderful 1080p. Should look much better now.

Hehe nice you found the setting. I'd love to do another playthrough of the Mass Effect series. Really enjoyed the journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss