What games are you playing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well now im back in the realms of PC gaming I think im going to get back into Shogun 2 and Warhammer 40K Dawn of War - actually quite glad for my steam account as I no loonger have the cd's although the 5 hours of downloads for updates after the games installed was a pain in the rear.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back to PC gaming Martin. Definitely one of the great things about having games tied to an account is not needing the disk if you lose or damage it. Shogun 2 is a game that has been on my wishlist for a while but I never I actually got it. Too many games to play right now :grincry:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its good to be back. Not played on shogun 2 for nearly 2 years and the jump in graphics my new machine has from what i remember is astounding. Started playing Dota 2 last night. Currently reading through as many guides as possible so i don't suck as bad as a total noob
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Dota 2 looks interesting but I'm not sure if I could get into it.

I'm still playing through Witcher 2. This time I picked Iorveth's side. I'm liking this path already. The king on Roche's path is annoying.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Dota 2 looks interesting but I'm not sure if I could get into it.

I'm still playing through Witcher 2. This time I picked Iorveth's side. I'm liking this path already. The king on Roche's path is annoying.

Yeah as an RTS the gameplay mechanic is pretty simple - get gold and exp, level up, destroy the enemy base - the strategy and team-play part of it is absolutely immense which is what's got me hooked. Some of the tutorials recommend playing against the computer for a few weeks as the online community is very aggressive and don't tolerate noobs. The other bonus is its a free game.

Was thinking about picking up the witcher 2 for the 360. Not got round to it yet as im still taking chunks out of Skyrim every now and then - another massive RPG would just sit unused at the moment.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Right. I tried League of Legends for a bit. Never delved into mutliplayer for much the same reasons as you describe. The community is pretty tough. It was still a decent experience to play solo. Might give Dota 2 a whirl if I get a chance.

Witcher 2 is a good game. I think if you like Skyrim, you might like the Withcer 2. They are pretty similar I think. Some of the combat elements are pretty cool. You have some spells as well (called signs) and you can unlock the group finisher skill later in one of the skill trees. I'd recommend it. Witcher 3 will be open world and looks outstanding. I'm looking forward to that game and seeing how the story unfolds.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Right. I tried League of Legends for a bit. Never delved into mutliplayer for much the same reasons as you describe. The community is pretty tough. It was still a decent experience to play solo. Might give Dota 2 a whirl if I get a chance.

Witcher 2 is a good game. I think if you like Skyrim, you might like the Withcer 2. They are pretty similar I think. Some of the combat elements are pretty cool. You have some spells as well (called signs) and you can unlock the group finisher skill later in one of the skill trees. I'd recommend it. Witcher 3 will be open world and looks outstanding. I'm looking forward to that game and seeing how the story unfolds.

I might actually pinch Witcher 2 off my dad - bought it for him for his birthday last year but his PC cant handle it so hes rarely played on it.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I might actually pinch Witcher 2 off my dad - bought it for him for his birthday last year but his PC cant handle it so hes rarely played on it.

haha right on. Hope you enjoy it if you get around to trying it.

I get occasional frame drops here and there; and sometimes going into new areas, it lags out a bit as it loads. Not all the time though. Performance is not too bad during combat as well. I can get between 40-50 fps I think on med-high settings.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
On PC, nothing, really. I have plenty of games, just no one to play them with (or a decent setup to play PC games from). Those would be Counter-Strike-Global Offensive, Team Fortress 2, World of Warcraft (which I had to give up some time ago because of my PC setup), Plants vs. Zombies, Urban Terror (old Quake III: Team Arena mod made into a standalone game), roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (which I mostly bought because it was the platinum pack for $10, and it gives my sister something to play), and a few others.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I also have Team Fortress 2. Fun game but don't really play it too much anymore. Haven't played that game with anyone either. Also have Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 platinum. I loved Rollercoaster tycoon 2 a while back. Haven't really put much time into 3. Still a good game though.

I've just reached chapter 3 in the Witcher 2. Iorveth's path is so much better than Roche's imo. I didn't really like Iorveth in my first playthrough, but he's actually not that bad. I forgot how good this game was.

JustlMe

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been pretty hooked on guild wars 2 and world of tanks lately. I'll be taking a break from those two once battlefield 4 is released 😃

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Halo PC. (some Halo Custom Edition too)

I'd play more Planetside 2, but my lappy's graphics would just explode from the thought.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I've completed the Witcher 2 twice previously and just completed my third playthrough last night; and I never knew about the scene after the credits until yesterday. Really looking forward to the Witcher 3.

I've seen a few mentions of Deus Ex Human Revolution around these forums and I'm tempted to go back and give it another playthrough. I have one more achievement left for that game which is not to set off any alarms; and my OCD wants to fix it.

Also thinking about whether to get back into Borderlands 2 or Torchlight 2. Decisions, decisions.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently playing Transformers: War for Cybertron, great game. I also have been thinking about going back to Deus Ex Human Revolution and doing the non-violent run I didn't manage last time. I'm also going through the Mass Effect series and dabbling in Planetside 2 now and then. Fun fun fun!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently playing Transformers: War for Cybertron, great game. I also have been thinking about going back to Deus Ex Human Revolution and doing the non-violent run I didn't manage last time. I'm also going through the Mass Effect series and dabbling in Planetside 2 now and then. Fun fun fun!

I've heard good things about Transformers: War for Cybertron. Looks like quite a blast, literally. I enjoyed the stealth/non-violent run in Deus Ex more. It felt a bit more tense for me and it made the overall role playing experience more enjoyable for me. The silenced, fully upgraded 10mm made the game way too easy.

Now that you mention Mass Effect, I'm thinking about it. I'm sure I missed out quite a few side quests throughout the series. I've also been think about giving the multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 another run. It's is surprisingly fun and can get quite challenging.

I've been playing Pokemon SoulSilver and GTA4, getting hyped up for X/Y and GTA 5 :)

Pok?mon brings back memories. Haven't played it in ages. It reminds me of the trading cards and primary school. Good times.

On a side note, I found it surprisingly funny that Windows 8 auto corrects Pok?mon. That's pretty awesome :D

tommohammed

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I've heard good things about Transformers: War for Cybertron. Looks like quite a blast, literally. I enjoyed the stealth/non-violent run in Deus Ex more. It felt a bit more tense for me and it made the overall role playing experience more enjoyable for me. The silenced, fully upgraded 10mm made the game way too easy.

Now that you mention Mass Effect, I'm thinking about it. I'm sure I missed out quite a few side quests throughout the series. I've also been think about giving the multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 another run. It's is surprisingly fun and can get quite challenging.

Pok?mon brings back memories. Haven't played it in ages. It reminds me of the trading cards and primary school. Good times.

On a side note, I found it surprisingly funny that Windows 8 auto corrects Pok?mon. That's pretty awesome :D

If you have a means of playing through black or white 2, I highly recommend it, even if just for nostalgia ! As someone who's played every Pokemon game, it was my favorite. All the Pokemon from every gen in one game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb