Enhancement requests, issues, etc.

ullal

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
After a few days with the Samsung Focus here is my list of things I like, dislike and hope will improve. I understand this is a v1 product and it is pretty impressive.
Issues
  • Screen accuracy responsiveness just not as good as iPhone. I see this mostly when trying to open applications.
  • Inability to connect to non-broadcasting (Hidden) wi-fi networks
  • No native chat program. Isn't this a major part of social media? Maybe just me but phone is going back because we use this at work.
  • Too many apps on a single page. Need groups.
  • App listing has icons - which is fine - but why don't they list how many messages I have like the tiles on the homepage?
  • Not easy to go from one email account to another.
  • Why does each email account have its own icon on the apps page? Wouldn't it be nicer to just have Email as the app even without a unified inbox?
  • In settings, which is messaging settings under "Applications" and email under "System".
  • Why can't I copy details from contact in one system to another? For example I have contact details of a friend in Exchange or on Live.com (which are my primary listings) but the friend is also Facebook. If the friend updates their contact details on Facebook I want to update Live.com/Exchange etc with the new information.
  • Browser - no address bar in landscape mode and not easy to get back to address bar without scrolling all the way up. Please copy the iPhone here.
  • Too many steps to get to the phone. I wish there was a dedicated button for the phone. First, I have to click a button to the home screen up, then I have to swipe upwards, if I am not already on the home/start screen I have to hit the center button to bring that up, then I can select phone.
  • More information on Calendar tile. Allow me to control number of appointments that show up and let them scroll. Isn't that what "live" tiles are for. Same with email, messages, etc. give me options - perhaps I want to see subject of email, or who it came from.
  • Hate search in Marketplace. I am searching for an app and I get results from music, videos, etc. Just dumb!!! Fix this asap.

Things I Like
  • Keyboard - much better than iPhone
  • Font size - large and legible
  • Voice commands - Excellent
  • Everything else

Anyone care to add more to this thread.

siradude

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I know copy/paste is coming in a future update, but...

One thing that is driving me crazy is that when I touch a word to edit I can only get to the beggining of the word or the end ... I can not put the cursor in the middle of the word just to edit 1 letter... and I have no (or cant find) arrow keys on the virtual FOCUS keyboard.

ChevyMSU35

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I know copy/paste is coming in a future update, but...

One thing that is driving me crazy is that when I touch a word to edit I can only get to the beggining of the word or the end ... I can not put the cursor in the middle of the word just to edit 1 letter... and I have no (or cant find) arrow keys on the virtual FOCUS keyboard.

You may have already figured this out by now, but if you tap and hold in the text box, a red cursor appears that you can place in the middle of a word.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss