Question about Email

Redbird1

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

It is my intention to leave Android for WP7. I don't really know the finer points of WP7, so I have a couple of questions.

1. Since I use GMail now, is there a way to sync all my mail, contacts, and appointments to a new WP7?

OR

2. Am I better off getting a Hotmail account, and setting-up everything through that account.

Sorry if this sounds weird. I've had NO experience with Windows phones.

Thanks!

siradude

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

It is my intention to leave Android for WP7. I don't really know the finer points of WP7, so I have a couple of questions.

1. Since I use GMail now, is there a way to sync all my mail, contacts, and appointments to a new WP7?

OR

2. Am I better off getting a Hotmail account, and setting-up everything through that account.

Sorry if this sounds weird. I've had NO experience with Windows phones.

Thanks!

Q#1. YES, if you just add your gmail info into your win phone you will get all your contatcs\calendar\mail.
but...
If you plan to use OUTLOOK in your PC (no need for phone). Outlook does not like the contact and calendar from gmail... but your phone will handle them flawlessly

Q#2. Not really needed but I preffered to setup a new Live.com account just to keep it all in MS. I took my gmail and set up a forward to my new live.com account. and I DO use outlook a llot.

so....

If you are using GMAIL and all your friends/clients/others have your gmail address and you dont feel like updating everybody with a new email address and you dont use outlook to manage your contacts or calendars, then just keep using your gmail account.

Q

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99