Deciding Between Samsung Focus and Samsung Captivate

OGCF

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
So I'm eligible for an AT&T upgrade and I've been giving a good hard look at two great deals: the Samsung Captivate for free and the Samsung Focus for $49 (both on Amazon).

To be honest, I'm having a REALLY tough time deciding between the two and while I know this is a WP7 forum, I also know that they are some people on here who have experience with Android (and maybe even the Captivate).

So I need some advice: Captivate or Focus?

(Thanks in advance ;) )

Con Chuot

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
OGCF,

I had Captivate for more than a month. It is a good phone. However, the GPS is not working well. I have been waiting for Samsung to upgrade software to fix GPS but it took them so long. So I sold my captivate and bought the Focus just one week ago.

I like the Focus better for WP7 OS is very fast and easy to get emails sync up with exhange, hot mail and gmail. It is easier to get music and video on to the Focus by using Zune software. Zune pass is wonderful. I also like XBOX live.

I do not like Android OS because it is so fragment. Also It is open market so noone control apps like apple IOS or Microsoft WP7. Therefore, not all of the apps working well on your phone. Some frezeup your phone. some drain battery very fast.

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Go with the Focus. I had 3 android phones before this and have never been so happy as I am with the Focus (had a MyTouch 3G, then a Nexus One, then a Dell Streak). The android fragmentation was just too much, got sick of apps that didn't work (works on some android phones, OS versions and not others).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon