A2DP? WP7/Focus not supporting it?

contento#WP

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
is A2DP not supported? i just got my focus and Im able to sync my Jabra headset (which does support A2DP) but get no stereo audio from it (netflix, music, etc).

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
I've been using a Jawbone Icon with my Focus. A2DP works great.

I've also used it with a BlackBerry Stereo Gateway. Works there too.

contento#WP

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
well, that's promising anyway. now, to figure out why. Did you do anything special in bluetooth setup? It works for phone calls fine and I hear my alert tones and such, just no stereo audio from netflix, or the music player

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Actually no. In fact both of the A2DP products paired automatically. I didn't have to enter a pin. Same as with my car.

There is one thing though. When I tried to run Need For Speed with the Jawbone, the cut scenes did not go through the Jawbone. Game play did go through the Jawbone but cut scene sounds came through the rear speaker.

Zune worked fine through both. I'm going to try Netflix right now.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Alright, here's what I'm seeing. The video player will not send sound to A2DP. Music works fine but video will not. So, Netflix, MSN trailers, cut scene videos from games will go through rear speaker.

The strange thing is if you shut off the A2DP during play it will pause the phone as expected. It just won't push sound. Try pairing again. Combination of turning Bluetooth on at different times either after hitting play or before.

contento#WP

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
confirmed.

ok, I've got the A2DP streaming fine for music but not for any video at all. SUCKS!! PLEASE tell me they are going to fix this in the first update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes